Survey123 Comma being used instead of space in "Other" multiple choice answer

07-11-2020 06:48 AM
JessicaVolosin
New Contributor II

I have a few questions in my Survey123 survey that are multiple choice and I have allowed "other" to be an answer. When someone chooses "other" and then types in their answer Survey123 is inserting commas between the words where there should be spaces. As you can see below the response says "Currently,closed,to,the,public" when it should say "Currently closed to the public". It is FieldTypeString so that shouldn't be the issue. If I go into the Data tab I can change the answer and remove the commas but as soon as I save the commas come back. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

HiJessica Volosin‌,

Thanks for the feedback, this will be fixed in our next update at the end of July. Would you please have a try then?

Thank you,

Jody Zheng Liu

JessicaVolosin
New Contributor II

Thank you, will do!

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

@JodyZhengLiu  did this get fixed? I'm using Connect 3.14 and still seeing my select multiple "other" answers populated with commas in between words instead of spaces.

NinaRihn
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you.. I am also having this problem.

0 Kudos
FionaBarry
New Contributor II

I am also seeing this issue.

I used Survey123 Connect app v3.12.232 [desktop] - the latest version available at this time - to create the survey. The survey record was submitted via a web browser.

Is there an update/suggested workaround to this issue @JodyZhengLiu ?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos