survey123 choice filter

08-17-2016 08:34 AM
PabloRios
New Contributor III

Hi,

I create a survey with 5 select_one question and 4 choice filters. Each select_one question (type) filter next one based on previous selected. When i save and load my survey to Survey123 Connect app it works fine, but when i go to select_one questions and select any value in the dropdown list it takes long time to select it (10-15 sec). It happens in all of the select_one questions.  Anyone helps to make best performance in my survey?

Note: choice tab have 24,000 records.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Pablo,

Can you attach your xls form to this forum post? If you have 24,000 records, then maybe 10-15 seconds is normal. Also, for more visibility, you should move your post to the https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123?sr=search&searchId=7bd34b62-a150-48d7-9563-822ec8d69ac1&...‌ group space.

0 Kudos
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

You should use an external select for your very long list. The first choice list will need to stay on the choices tab, but the other lists should be moved to a tab called external_choices.

Read here for more information.

Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
PabloRios
New Contributor III

Hi Marika,

Thanks for your help, your suggestion solve my problem. Now the time to display choices are 3-4 sec.

0 Kudos