Survey123 Calculations Not Working

08-23-2018 04:54 AM
TiffanyRufo
Occasional Contributor II

I have been having an issue with one of my Survey123 forms lately that just keeps escalating. The calculation fields fail to populate intermittently. At first it was 2/400 that failed but the number just keeps growing. I cannot find a pattern or reason to it. I have talked extensively with the form submitters and they are doing everything right as far as I can tell.

Some background on the form. This is a mowing log for our Code Enforcement Division seasonal workers. They are supposed to enter the information for every parcel they mow and the form is supposed to calculate the cost to be billed to the owner. It is linked into a collector map with the custom Url scheme to auto-populate the parcel info for each record.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I've been banging my head on the wall for a while now. 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tiffany,

Are these being filled in from a  blank form?  Are you using the app or web form?

0 Kudos
TiffanyRufo

Hi James,

These are being filled out in the field on Samsung E Tablets using the Survey123 app. The mowers open the survey by clicking on the parcel to be mowed in collector and then clicking on the 'mowing form' link which pulls the parcel information into a blank survey for billing purposes.

I think I answered your question, just let me know if I didn't understand properly.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
TiffanyRufo

Still occurring, There were 3 more entries that failed to calculate.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Tiffany,

Can you confirm which version of Survey123 is being used by each device?  There have been some recent changes to calculation behavior.

0 Kudos
TiffanyRufo

Connect version 2.1.9

Survey123 mobile app Version 3.0.132

I have opened a case with support: #02173443
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Tiffany,

In addition to working with support, please update the version of Survey123 - we have released hot fixes over the past month; one are addressed were calculations.

TiffanyRufo

Thank you James! Will do.

0 Kudos
TiffanyRufo

James Tedrick

I updated survey123 Connect on my computer and republished the survey as well as updated all of the tablets to the newest version. That seemed to fix it and since August 28th it has been working perfectly.

Until yesterday. There are two records which again failed to populate the calculation fields.

Support was unable to provide any help and closed the case after everything began working again.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Tiffany,

Just to confirm, all the fields contributing to the calculations (Hours, Employees, Equipment) are filled in on those records?  Were the records not calculating from the same tablet or different ones?

0 Kudos