Survey123 Calculation Functions in Web Browser, but not in App

01-23-2019 07:15 AM
NickThompson2
New Contributor

I’ve hit a wall building a Survey123 form in SurveyConnect I've built to track smoke detector installations across the county I work for. I’ve used SurveyConnect My reason for using SurveyConnect was to get more control of how data is input and include some fields autofill based on a boolean logic. My thought was if a user selected, “No”, that the quantity (0) would be auto-filled behind the scenes, with the notes fields that I would later hide. Whereas, if a user selected, “Yes”, they are able to see the next integer field and input a number of the phenomena of interest (People above or below a certain age, number of detectors installed, etc).

I was able to get the behavior I wanted and published the form. However, post-publishing the form no longer autofills fields as I described. I’m able to get the behavior I want if I access the from through a browser, but it doesn’t function in Connect. In fact, when I try to bring the form into connect, it errors out, though I’ve specified my portals.

Here’s the browser-based version of the published form where the calculations work as I want to them to, minus the number of occupants under 18, which I need to edit, but am currently unable to. See the other boolean questions to get an idea of what I want from the behavior of the form.

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/b99aee21ee80408992944f70a80cfdd0 

Thanks!

Nick Thompson

GIS Analyst

Rutherford County, TN

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nick,

I'm not seeing any questions with expressions in the relevant column - for example, the under18 question has a calculation that seem more appropriate for the relevant column. After moving all of the functions that begins with 'selected' to the relevant column, the form appears to hide/show questions appropriately.  One thing to note is that you have several questions that involve 2 questions, one of which would have relevancy dependent on the other.  These will probably not work in the way you expect- with 3.0, a change was made to enforce non-relevant questions having no value, so the 'and' statements you have will likely never be true.

0 Kudos