Survey123 calculating geopoint defaults back to GPS

Jump to solution
08-07-2018 07:28 AM
AndySchmidt
New Contributor II

I am having an issue with Survey123 calculating a geopoint  which defaults back to GPS location.  I am using Collector to launch the survey and pass values to the survey including a Latitude and longitude value then calculating the geopoint using concat(string(${LATITUDE}), ' ', string(${LONGITUDE})).  It initially takes the calculated point then zooms to my current device GPS location.  I can get the location back by pressing the refresh button on the map in survey123. This worked in the past but with the recent updates in version 3.0 this is no longer working for me.  I want it to default to the calculated location so it shows the location of the asset vs the location of the device where the survey is taken at

Defaults to device GPSAfter pressing the refresh button it changes to the calculated X,Y from above

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
NaeimBabaii
New Contributor II

Hi James, I'm having similar issue with the Pull data function for my lat and long- however my issue is temperamental,meaning some of my coordinates comes from Pull data and some get the device location coordinates somehow. i found out that my excel data dump from Survey123 have an extra X and Y field at the end with Coordinates coming from the device location. I'm not an early adopter and wondering if this issue can be fixed by the update on that version? more than happy to share the XLS form with you if required.

Appreciate your help

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi James,

I'm having this issue now, where the coordinates passed from a point in my map are overwritten by the device GPS. Has this bug crept back up? The coordinates pass properly when I use the map on the web on my PC, but not when I use them on my phone, both in the apps (Explorer, and Field Maps) as well as mobile web browser.

It does this for one of my Surveys, but not 2 of the others, I can't see any difference in the URL schemes that I'm using to pass the coordinates.

0 Kudos