Survey123 Calculated Custom URL Hyperlink to another Survey123 Form

Jump to solution
08-08-2017 04:00 PM
NickMoore
New Contributor III

James Tedrick

Hoping you could lend a hand. I am trying to build up a Survey123 Custom URL Scheme to open another survey and parse parameters from the one form to the other. Based on some conditional questions if certain answers are met the user should rather be entering the data in a separate survey. Hence the workflow.

Basically the User will be doing an asset audit but then we would like to parse some parameters from that audit through to a safety form before they proceed the audit.

I need to build up the Custom URL. I can build the full URL up using a calculation and if I copy the result to my browser it works:

concat("arcgis-survey123://?itemID=BLAHBLAHBLAH","&field:Project_Code=",${ProjectNo},"&field:Project_Name=",${ProjName})

However I try to wrap them in the HREF formats by concatenating the HREF tags to build up the full URL so that it forms a hyperlink so the user can click on it and it take him to the appropriate Survey. However I cannot seem to get this to work. Somewhere in the interpretation of the double quotation marks within the concat I cant seem to get it to interpret this properly. The Question is, how do I quote the Quotation marks within the concat function which will build up the text for the HREF? I have tried the usual """", \", "

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Nick

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nick,

I'm able to get this to work by using single quotation marks (') as the text delimiter for the concat function:

concat('<a href="arcgis-survey123://?itemID=BLAHBLAHBLAH', '&field:Project_Code=', ${project_code}, '&field:Project_Name=', ${project_name}, '">Click Here</a>')

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nick,

I'm able to get this to work by using single quotation marks (') as the text delimiter for the concat function:

concat('<a href="arcgis-survey123://?itemID=BLAHBLAHBLAH', '&field:Project_Code=', ${project_code}, '&field:Project_Name=', ${project_name}, '">Click Here</a>')

NickMoore
New Contributor III

Thanks James. This seems to work perfectly

0 Kudos
KyleMcElroy
New Contributor III

James, I found this thread and think the solution I need is within it but I can't quite get it to work. I am trying to create a link to a dummy survey within a main survey I created. The dummy has pre filled answers that we want to supply to those filling out the main survey as an example. 

I have tried using a note in survey connect which contains a link to this survey but I can't get the link to work. It all just shows up as a note.  This is what I am currently using:

concat('<a href="https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/My_survey_parameter?mode=edit&globalId={globalid_from_filled_survey_form}'">Click Here</a>')

Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

0 Kudos
KyleMcElroy
New Contributor III

I am really quite stuck on trying to use concat to link to an auto filled survey form. Essentially, I am trying to link to this dummy survey in a note label in the main survey. The dummy survey is completely separate.  I understand how to use hyperlinks in notes, but when I do the below command it doesn't worked. I think I am supposed to use concat based on this thread but nothing I do seems to work and I am really beating my head against the wall. Thank you!

<a ref ="https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/925a1859fc764f7b89042b88cfbc5146?mode=edit&globalId={9daf2ef3-afe...}" > Click Here </a>
0 Kudos