Survey123 - Browser Functionality vs App Functionality

Jump to solution
02-27-2019 12:10 PM
AlexDamiao
New Contributor II

About a week ago I started using Survey123. I was able to work with the desktop version, "Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS", create my first survey, and publish it. It was all very straightforward. Once I got to the point of testing the survey there were two options that I could choose: answer the survey on an internet browser or access it via the Survey123 app (android in my case).

When filling out and testing the survey on the android app it all looked very good:

- the interaction with the survey was nice

- the survey design looked just like what I intended (based on how it looked in Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS)

However, the browser version of the survey is nowhere near what I expected:

- the design was very different from the app version

- functionality was poor, with a lot of buttons located in weird places. It caused way too much confusion while filling it out.

Is this something that other users have been experiencing? I've looked elsewhere and could not find any references to this issue. Any information would be of great help.

Thank you in advance

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Due to the nature of mobile app development and web browser development there are differences in what is supported and the way it can be displayed. This is mostly what causes the differences when you are using the field app versus the web app. Whilst we make all attempts to keep them as simialr as possible and have the same levle of supported features, it is not always possible.

There are several question types that are only supported on either of the platforms, you can find the list here: Quick reference—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS. Note the documentation also has other references where required on the relevant pages regarding what is supported and any known limitations or issues.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Due to the nature of mobile app development and web browser development there are differences in what is supported and the way it can be displayed. This is mostly what causes the differences when you are using the field app versus the web app. Whilst we make all attempts to keep them as simialr as possible and have the same levle of supported features, it is not always possible.

There are several question types that are only supported on either of the platforms, you can find the list here: Quick reference—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS. Note the documentation also has other references where required on the relevant pages regarding what is supported and any known limitations or issues.

Regards,

Phil.