Survey123 app truncating string field from 254 to 3 characters

Jump to solution
01-07-2020 10:37 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know how to fix truncating field values in Survey123.  I have a 254 character string field in a hosted feature service that when viewed in the form it is being trimmed to 3 characters (using Survey123 app).  In Survey123 Connect I have specified 254 for the length of the string field to match the feature service (btw – editing the feature service in web app does not truncate the field).  I have tried deleting and adding the field back but to no avail.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric

Just to confirm, when you say the string is being truncated are you referring to an existing string when editing an existing record from the Inbox? Do you receive an error on submit? When submitting the survey does the string get truncated in the feature service, or is the truncation only visible in the form? Could you please provide screenshots and your XLSForm so I can try to reproduce what you're seeing? Also which version of the Survey123 field app and Connect are you using?

Thanks,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric

Just to confirm, when you say the string is being truncated are you referring to an existing string when editing an existing record from the Inbox? Do you receive an error on submit? When submitting the survey does the string get truncated in the feature service, or is the truncation only visible in the form? Could you please provide screenshots and your XLSForm so I can try to reproduce what you're seeing? Also which version of the Survey123 field app and Connect are you using?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Jim; it appears as though the Inbox setting was not functional at last publish (was disabled) which likely was causing the issue.  I have enabled and republished and am seeing no issues with field trimming.  I appreciate your reply and insight!

Cheers!

Eric-