Survey123 App Logging User Out

Jump to solution
06-22-2018 07:39 AM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

My field crews are having issues with the app logging them out and I am wondering if this is a known bug or if there is something else going on with the software or hardware we are using.  So far the issue seems to happen under the following circumstances.

1.   If the device looses cellular signal

2.   If the the crew member receives and answers a call or text

We are using a combination of the latest Ipads and Samsung Galaxy 7&8  phones.  The carrier is Verizon.  So far the only thing we can do is log back on which usually requires driving to a location that has a good signal.  This is very annoying for them and wastes time so i really hope there is a solution in the works.  Off line use is critical in our area where cell signal is spotty at best.

Thanks,

Josh

54 Replies
ChandlerCallison
New Contributor III

Has this issue been solved? We're on the latest version, but we're still having field crews who get logged out while in the field. Their Portal login updates the required InspectedBy field, so when Survey123 randomly logs them out it won't let them submit the survey. When they leave the office they're logged on, but we can't figure out if it's switching from WiFi to cell service that logs them out, or if they just get logged out when they're inactive for a certain period of time. No calls or texts come in through the iPad that they're using.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Just letting you know we have been working on the sign out issues when a device changes network, goes offline or the token expires and these issues have now been resolved in the latest Survey123 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community (EAC).

We have also been working on the survey update notifications feature in the latest Survey123 beta builds and the new workflow will now alert the user in the field app when an updated survey is available, and be displayed on the gallery page, download surveys page and when trying to open a survey that has an update. This enables the user to do an update of the survey before proceeding to collect a new survey record.

Please test out the latest 3.9 beta builds and provide any feedback via the EAC user forums for the sign out issue and also the new survey update notification feature. You can find the 3.9 beta announcement with details on EAC.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone in this post,

We have just updated EAC with the latest 3.9 RC2 builds which include further improvements and fixes to avoid user sign out when the device is offline or network connectivity changes constantly. Hopefully this resolves all of your issues detailed above.

Please check out the latest announcement and 3.9 RC2 builds on EAC here.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MatthewClaypool
New Contributor

Hello Philip, 

We are currently using IOS devices (iPad Pros) with Survey123, and our crews have found that they are being logged out of Survey123 when they go from being hardwired into their trucks internet to their WIFI.  I have validated that we are on the latest build of Survey123, 3.9.149, but seeing if there was anything else we could do to trouble shoot the issue. We are currently not using Portal with Survey123, but have started looking at the option. 

Thank you,

-Matt 

0 Kudos
KorySteele
New Contributor III

Welp, today is the first day my field crews are using Collector and it's not going so great with them having to constantly sign back in.
We are using a brand new Samsung Galaxy Active Tab Pro 10.1 with the new Collector.  They are in and around downtown Annapolis, Md so I'm not aware of there being a cellular reception issue there.  Since I'm finding posts about this stretching back 4 years, is there a fix to this I was unable to find?

AdministrátorJihlava
New Contributor III

We're having the same problem with multiple apps (Collector, Tracker and Quick Capture) - all of them are repeatedly signing of. Ismael Chivite‌ is there any solution for this issue? It would be very helpful for us.

Thank you. 

Jane

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Administrátor Jihlava‌   Please email quickCapture@esri.com so we can discuss the QuickCapture issues in more detail. We will arrange a call with you.

0 Kudos
BarryKeight
New Contributor III

We have moved all of our staff over to SSO using AD and we get calls daily that an app we produced is not populating their user name. This is due to them being logged out of S123 and is becoming an increasingly frustrating issue. Is there any advice to help keep users logged in, at least until they do a AD password change.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Barry,

What version of the field app are you using? Is it 3.10? 

Also on what devices (iOS or Android) with what OS version do you see this issue?

Not that several improvements were made to 3.10 release of field app to avoid unexpected sign out and better support for IWA SSO and other authentication types when both online and offline. 

Is there any particular time or workflow that causes the sign out? A period of time, changing to offline, changing network from wifi to 4g to offline?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
KirkKirchner1
New Contributor II

One of my team members is having the same issue described on the original post. He is using iOS and the latest version of Survey123 (3.10.323). Please advise. 

0 Kudos