Survey123 answer creates an assignment in Workforce

10-11-2018 10:46 AM
GregWolowich1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I would like to trigger the creation of a Workforce assignment from Survey123. In this example, staff are inspecting playground equipment and if they respond 'yes' to the question 'Does this require a repair?' I want a Workforce assignment to be automatically generated. I see lots of examples going from Workforce to Survey123 but no examples going from Survey123 to Workforce.

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Greg,

take a look at this blog: Workforce and Survey123: Creating assignments in the field 

Cheers

Stefano

GregWolowich1
New Contributor III

Thanks Stefano. I have read that article and unfortunately it doesn't work on pre-existing data. My municipality has tons of existing data where a field worker would perform routine maintenance, best captured in Survey123, that could trigger a Workforce assignment if a replacement or repair was necessary. I've read somewhere that Python could be used but I wouldn't know where to begin.

Greg

0 Kudos
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

I've read somewhere that Python could be used but I wouldn't know where to begin.

Maybe with a Python script that can detect changes and update a feature service.

You can start from this one: Detect Changes and Notify Python Script v2 

Read this this for more information: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/01/22/a-simple-e-mail-notification-system-for-... 

And when you detect a change that matters to you, you could update a feature layer using Python: Update feature service with ArcGIS api for python

It's not so easy, but theorically is possible.

Cheers

Stefano

0 Kudos
GregWolowich1
New Contributor III

Thank you sir!

0 Kudos