Survey123 and Make (formerly Integromat)

Jump to solution
03-08-2022 07:12 AM
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, I currently use Integromat for some Survey123 workflows. I have a survey where upon submittal, a report is generated and emailed as an attachment to certain users based on a spatial intersect done on-the-fly.

I got a notice from Integromat that they are upgrading to a new company called "Make" and stopping support for Integromat in 2023. Before I upgrade to Make, can someone on the Survey123 team verify that it will still work the same way? Has Esri done any testing?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @ShelbyZelonisRoberson 

The behavior of the Survey123 Connector does not change. Your existing workflows with Survey123 will work as before once you upgrade your subscription to Make.

We have been working with Integromat to make cosmetic changes to the connector, but the behavior will remain the same.

Make recommends the upgrade, but you decide when to make the jump. You still have until 2023.  As a confidence builder, you can create a separate Make account, give it a go and become familiar with it. Then, upgrade your production Integromat account to Make.

There are new features in Make, including the possibility of using the new US (United States) and EU (Europe) zones.

For details, check: https://www.make.com/en/help/about-make/faqs

View solution in original post

13 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @ShelbyZelonisRoberson 

The behavior of the Survey123 Connector does not change. Your existing workflows with Survey123 will work as before once you upgrade your subscription to Make.

We have been working with Integromat to make cosmetic changes to the connector, but the behavior will remain the same.

Make recommends the upgrade, but you decide when to make the jump. You still have until 2023.  As a confidence builder, you can create a separate Make account, give it a go and become familiar with it. Then, upgrade your production Integromat account to Make.

There are new features in Make, including the possibility of using the new US (United States) and EU (Europe) zones.

For details, check: https://www.make.com/en/help/about-make/faqs

JD1016
by

Hello Shelby,

Apologies for "barging in" to this post but I read that you had created something similar to my own for Integromat and notifications.

I've constructed a similar workflow but am experiencing difficulty getting the scenario to work consistently.

I've attached a screenshot of my scenario.  Could you please take a look and see if anything jumps out as  being an issue compared to the successful run of your scenario?

Many thanks in advance!

Jeff

ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Does it work sometimes but not others? I'd have to see your settings but I do have all of those same connectors in mine! 

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

I have three scenarios running that are configured identically and only vary in the web hook configuration.  I'm getting no errors and it shows the runs are successful but no emails are generated with an attached report.  

I've attached three additional screenshots that capture my settings for the Survey123-Create Report, HTTP- Get a File, and Email-Send an Email modules.  The Email "Add a recipient" is blank for screenshot purposes only.

Please let me know if you see anything contrary to what you have been using.

Thank you so much!

ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Mine looks the same as yours except a slight difference in the Email connector. For my file name, I'm pulling from the "Create Report" so my file name is 1.feature: attributes: BusinessName (and then I added .pdf to the end). Yours looks like it's coming from the HTTP, not sure if that makes a difference?

Also, I can't see your "Data" settings in the email connector, but I have "Map" selected and not "HTTP-Get a file". 

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

I've attached another screenshot that illustrates my HTTP - Get a File source (HTTP Get a File Setting-Details).  Hopefully that will help.

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Can you attach your Data settings in the Email connector? There should be an edit icon and then screenshot that. 

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

Sure. Please see latest attachment (Email Send an Email Setting - Attachments).

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Esri will probably have to weigh in here, but mine is set to "Map" instead of Get a File. And my file name is pulling from the survey, not the HTTP file. 

0 Kudos