Survey123 and Field Maps

Jump to solution
05-23-2022 12:13 PM
KansasDASC
New Contributor III

I'm using Survey 123 for wildlife surveys. I now want to integrate tracking into the survey, which I'm not entirely sure S123 can do. I'm aware of Field Maps enabling tracking, so I'm looking for suggestions on how to connect the S123 to Field Maps so that they're integrated.

Additionally, is it possible to create a new form in Field Maps by importing the S123? Since both apps have forms, I'd rather not use two products if I can do everything in Field Maps.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @KansasDASC,

Survey123 does not currently support tracking (Field Maps and QuickCapture both support it now), although this is a feature we are working on for a release later this year.

You can use the app linking and URL scheme to launch surveys from Field Maps, or vice versa. See following documentation:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/reference/integratewithotherapps.htm

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @KansasDASC,

Survey123 does not currently support tracking (Field Maps and QuickCapture both support it now), although this is a feature we are working on for a release later this year.

You can use the app linking and URL scheme to launch surveys from Field Maps, or vice versa. See following documentation:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/reference/integratewithotherapps.htm

Regards,

Phil.

ThomasHamill
Occasional Contributor II

@KansasDASC, what I've done for this in the past is configure a blank Field Map from scratch and simply bring in the feature service/layer (you may need to search for it with the Add --> Search for Layers menu) from the existing Survey123 deployment.  Then save the Field Map with a name similar to what's being used for the Survey123 Form name.  This sets things up such that observations can be submitted within the Survey123 app and allows users to then just pivot over to Field Maps for additional viewing/editing of the submissions.
ThomasHamill_0-1654106939518.png

Kindest Regards,

t
0 Kudos