Survey123 and Collector

11-28-2018 10:57 AM
WightmanAdmin
New Contributor III

I am trying to setup an inspection workflow using Collector and related tables (or Survey123).  Not sure which to use yet.  FYI, we are using ArcGIS Online for this.    

Here are my requirements:

• Use existing feature service to create inspections against (1 feature, many inspections)
  • Start with Collector, click on a feature, either view past inspections or start a new one.  User can also start with Survey123 and see a list of features to inspect.  
  • Display 3 previous readings of pump runtimes in the parent feature pop-up that were recorded from previous inspections.  Not sure how to pass data from inspections back to main feature (parent) into specific fields
  • Calculate the difference between the present and previous reading in either the main feature pop-up or the inspection form.

I have seen ways to pass data from a feature service to Survey123 through the custom URL, but I also need to pass data back to the main feature service from either the related table or Survey123.  

Thank you in Advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ryan,

It is not possible to pass data back from a related table layer (repeat) in survey123 on submit to another feature service or the parent layer. You would need to do this via script or port processing, or you could try using a webhook.

Phil.

0 Kudos