Survey123 - An error occurred while generating report

05-31-2018 01:18 AM
AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, I have a survey published in Survey123 to which I have created and uploaded two report templates. Previously these reports exported without problem but now every time I try to export my survey I get the message "An error occurred while generating report". I have tried reloading my templates and even added the default one as a test but none of these now work. Also, I've attempted to create a new survey based on my original and added the templates to that but I come up against the same issue. 

Is anyone able to provide assistance to this as I'm wondering if the issue has occurred as a result of the 2.8 update as I was last able to export on the 21st May. Below I have attached the xls form and the two forms in question.

I have seen others have had this issue and the solution for them has been to clear their browser cache but this hasn't worked for me and I've tried it in both Chrome and Firefox. The report appears to take a long time to generate and then just falls over so I'm wondering if it is just timing out?

I'm aware the feature is in beta at the moment but has worked previously so any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated as the survey is currently being populated by our surveyors so I need to be able to export once completed.

Thanks

Anthony

0 Kudos
22 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anthony,

After creating a survey from your provided XLSForm, and using the default template to attempt generation of a report, I have been able to reproduce the error that you are encountering.

I have raised this issue in our internal backlog and will let you know when we have had time to investigate the cause.

Thanks,

Brandon

AnthonyJonesRSK

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for coming back to me on this so quickly it's much appreciated. I look forward to your response. 

I've done a bit of extra testing and found that I was able to generate the Appendix B report by appending my collected survey data (downloaded as a geodatabase and appended in AGOL) to the feature class of a new survey based on the original. The key thing here is that all the fields within Appendix B are outside of repeats so I'm wondering if that is where the error is occurring?

Thanks

Anthony

0 Kudos
AnthonyJonesRSK

HiBrandon Armstrong‌, just wondering if there had been any progress on this yet or if you are able to suggest any workarounds in the mean time?

Kind Regards

Anthony

BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anthony,

We are still investigating the error that you are encountering when attempting to generate a report based off your survey.  Unfortunately, we have not been able to identify the exact cause, but we will be sure to let you know when we do.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Brandon

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the feedback. With the latest 3.0 hotfix release , you should be able to generate reports on your both template without modification. Please let us know if there's still an issue.

BenjaminZandarski
New Contributor II

I am having the issue now with the latest release and my images which rendered previously will no longer render.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Benjamin Zandarski‌,

Did you use any conditional statement in the template or encounter any error when generating the report? If this is the case, can you please check https://community.esri.com/thread/240875-survey-123-randomly-fails-to-generate-feature-reports  to see if this can fix your report?

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
JoeArizzi
New Contributor II

I am also running into this generic error when I try to generate reports from my feature template. The attached template uploads without any issue but when I try to generate a template, I get an error of "An error occurred while generating report(s).", If I try to export multiple records, the error becomes "The task failed because all reports failed to printIndividual. Please see details in the recent tasks panel". 

Any thoughts on why this is occurring? I have tried changing the root folder, exporting records individually, as one pdf vs. as individual pdfs, etc. but the error persists. 

Thanks,

Joe

SindiswaMsubo
New Contributor II

Hi @JoeArizzi were you able to solve this issue

0 Kudos