Survey123 & Power Automate - How to send email when a field is updated?

05-20-2021 06:42 AM
DaveK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello! 

I have a survey within an Operations Dashboard that periodically gets updated by staff. I would like to have Power Automate send an email every time a comment field has been updated with new information. There are other fields in the survey that get updated as well. I currently have my automated flow set up where it looks for the comment field to not be NULL, but anytime any other field is updated, an email for the comment field is sent out as well because its not NULL. Is there a way to specify new characters within a condition within Power Automate? Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks. 

3 Replies
DrVSSKiran
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Dave,

Here is the step-by-step process. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/create-surveys/webhooks.htm

Thanks

DaveK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hey @DrVSSKiran

Thanks for the response but I am familiar with the general setup of Power Automate and creating a webhook. What I'm looking for is a way to set up my flow to look for any changes in the Comment field within the my survey. The Comment field is a single text field that is edited. Ideally I would like the flow to look for any character changes within that field. If there are no changes within the comment field, I wouldn't want an email to be sent if another field has been updated and the survey submitted.  

santamariaa
New Contributor III

@DaveK Did you ever resolve this or figure out a solution? We have a similar scenario.

0 Kudos