Survey123 - Aggregating Multiple Selection Field Labels

12-17-2018 01:36 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Community, 
I am currently building a Fire Inspection Survey.  I would like all of the selected entries labels (not the names)to be pushed into my remarks field.  As you can see in the picture provided, I am able to pull the names selected in each one of the multiple selection fields but I would like to build the additional notes field with the labels, not the name.  As you Survey123 developers know, the name field does not allow for spaces and it is not as intuitive as the label field.

If someone has figured this out, could you please provide the excel syntax you used. 

Thanks, 

Joseph

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelAughenbaugh
New Contributor

The "name" field does allow for spaces, though spaces aren't typically recommended.  The only character I can tell that is not allowed is a comma, as the choice lists (choices, external_selects, and any lookup table) are automatically set to a .csv format.  I've tried to find ways to return the label text as the answer for formatting purposes such as what you're attempting to do, and currently there is no way to do that, that I'm aware of.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the additional research

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi.  The jr-choice-name() function may be handy for this. Check https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/12/02/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-xlsform-fu... for details.

0 Kudos