Survey123 3.11 Data loss when editing from inbox when there is a repeat group

Jump to solution
12-01-2020 04:25 AM
DouglasKRonoh
New Contributor

Hi,

When I want to edit sent surveys from inbox in a survey that has a repeat group, I realize that only the first repeat group shows and it has no data (all responses are empty).

What is the issue?

Douglas

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

Are you using a WHERE clause query on the Inbox?

And do all the repeat groups in the survey have the parameters set in the bind::esri:parameters column. You need to ensure that query is specified so that the existing records are loaded, as well as setting that adds or updates are allowed. See below documentation:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/prepareforediting.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_80CFF...

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Douglas,

Are all the constraints not working, or just some of them? If so exactly which ones?

Out of interest, can you test with the 3.12 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community? I want to see if some recent improvements in 3.12 have fixed this issue.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

Are you using a WHERE clause query on the Inbox?

And do all the repeat groups in the survey have the parameters set in the bind::esri:parameters column. You need to ensure that query is specified so that the existing records are loaded, as well as setting that adds or updates are allowed. See below documentation:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/prepareforediting.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_80CFF...

Regards,

Phil.

DouglasKRonoh
New Contributor

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your suggestion. It has worked fine!

However, I have noticed that constraint expressions in the survey that worked well before, either when creating new records or editing from the Sent box all fail when editing from inbox. And I have only allowed adds not updates. Thus I can't still submit new updates from inbox.

See the attached xls form and advice.

Regards,

Douglas.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Douglas,

Are all the constraints not working, or just some of them? If so exactly which ones?

Out of interest, can you test with the 3.12 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community? I want to see if some recent improvements in 3.12 have fixed this issue.

Regards,

Phil.