Survey works on devices but not in browser-FormLogicError

Jump to solution
05-01-2018 10:11 AM
RSchaffner
New Contributor III

I published a survey that contains both external choices and pulldata tables. It works fine on my devices (iPhone, iPad Pro) but when I try to open it in a browser I get the below error and my external choices for "ramp" , "inspector", and "lastwater" do not load after selecting my AGENCY (first item in my cascading selects). I have the Survey123 app installed on my computer as well, and although it opens without an error, the choices do not load. I am attaching a zipped copy of the survey folder with all media files.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

After taking a look at your XLSForm and running some tests, it appears that the issue is related to assigning a value to the bind::esri:fieldAlias column of the 'begin group' and 'end group' rows within the XLSForm of your survey.

Please try to remove these values, republish the survey, and attempt to load the web form again.

Regards,

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

After taking a look at your XLSForm and running some tests, it appears that the issue is related to assigning a value to the bind::esri:fieldAlias column of the 'begin group' and 'end group' rows within the XLSForm of your survey.

Please try to remove these values, republish the survey, and attempt to load the web form again.

Regards,

Brandon

RSchaffner
New Contributor III

Thank you! I deleted those values and it works now.

0 Kudos
RSchaffner
New Contributor III

This is a different issue with the same survey, but hopefully the information I've already provided will help. There is one repeat in the survey, and I can view the related records when I look at the feature service in ArcGIS Online. However, when I look at the "Data" webpage for the survey, only the surveyPoint features appear in the table and selecting one does not show any answers from the survey, including the repeat, in the "individual responses" sidebar. I did make sure to turn on all of the fields in the Visibility settings on the Analyze page. 

0 Kudos