Survey won't open using the webform. property "length" undefined

Jump to solution
09-09-2019 12:17 PM
Christian__Smitty_Smith
New Contributor III

So I have created a survey to track spillsI can publish the survey and it works fine.  When I try to open it using the web form I get the following error:  TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined 

Any thoughts as to what is causing this?  I am using Survey123 connect v 3.5.157    I have attached my xls form.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christian,

The issue is caused by an annotate/signature question followed another question which is triggered by a relevant rule, the fix will be available in the coming 3.6 release (before October). Note: you need to republish the survey or turn off version lock to utilize the fix.

Thanks again for your feedback!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christian,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sharing the XLSForm file, I can reproduce the issue by using the file.

We will look into the issue and get back to you once we have any update.

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christian,

The issue is caused by an annotate/signature question followed another question which is triggered by a relevant rule, the fix will be available in the coming 3.6 release (before October). Note: you need to republish the survey or turn off version lock to utilize the fix.

Thanks again for your feedback!

0 Kudos
Christian__Smitty_Smith
New Contributor III

Thanks for the answer Zhifang.  Is the fix already available in the current beta RC (RC2: Connect 3.6.136 and Field App 3.6.149)?  If so, I can test it.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christian,

The fix is actually applied to the web app, but not Survey123 Connect or Survey123 filed app, so you may need to wait until the Survey123 website/web app got updated in the public 3.6 release.

Please stay tuned with our release blog in GeoNet, and I will also try to update this thread once the 3.6 release is available.

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Christian, 

The 3.6 release is available now, would you mind checking if your survey can work with the 3.6 web app now? To do so, you can append `?version=latest` to your survey URL such as https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/{surveyID}?version=latest, this allows to load your survey in the latest web app no matter if it's version locked. Once you confirm the fix works, you can then decide if re-publishing to upgrade your survey or turn off the version lock to let it work in the 3.6 web app is needed.

Also please check our 3.6 release blog for all new features and enhancements.

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos