Survey values not appearing when editing existing if value has relevance to repeat

10-17-2018 04:33 AM
IngridAldridge1
New Contributor III

I have a survey which is focused on editing existing data.  The fields which appear are determined based on a select_one located in a repeat.  The primary table stores the key data and values and the repeat stores interactions with the data.  However, when I use the Inbox any field tied by relevance to the repeat is not loaded into  the survey.  Therefore, the survey allows me to update the values but not actually see the original values.  Any ideas?  I've attached the survey, a csv file required for the pull  data calculations, and a short text file with json formatted data that prepopulates the table to this question.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ingrid,

This is to be expected as non-relevant questions should store null values.  If you want to see the original values, I would suggest making the questions read only rather than non-relevant.

0 Kudos
IngridAldridge1
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Thank you.  They are relevant they just are only relevant if a select_one answer in the repeat is specifically chosen.  Does it need to be relevant right off the top?  The idea is the answers need to be updated but only for specific types of visits.  Different information is updated for different visit types.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ingrid,

Yes, incoming data needs to be relevant when the form opens - if viewed in a Survey123-only process, you would not have been able to submit data to that field previously because the question was non-relevant (and thus submitting no data).  The read only parameter no supports expressions, so you can apply the inverse of the relevant expression to allow or disallow updating.

IngridAldridge1
New Contributor III

Thanks James.  Not quite as streamlined as I was hoping but that will work.  I actually set it up as read-only this weekend as a test and figured that might be the only way to go for now.  Really appreciate you coming back to me on this.  Thanks!

0 Kudos