Survey Showing "0" records to certain users

Jump to solution
01-31-2020 11:01 AM
KarimNaguib
New Contributor III

I have created a series of surveys for some of our users and am sharing the permissions through a group.  They are in the testing phase, and noticed that they could see the records they collected in one of the surveys but not the other.  I double checked the permissions in Survey123 and in all of the associated files in ArcGIS Online and they both have the same permissions.  The odd thing is if they log into a webmap I've setup with the data in it, they can see all of the records that have been collected.

Here is a screenshot of what they are seeing:

When I log into survey123, here is what I'm seeing:

Additionally, I have the "All records in this survey" as the option of what data viewers can see under the viewer portion in Collaborate tab, and I know that I am sharing with the correct group.

Any insights into what might be causing this?  Any additional information I can give you to help troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Karim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Karim,

Have you checked this article and try the workaround it provided to delete the stakeholder view and un-share and re-share the permission?

Problem: Survey results are not updated in Survey123 for ArcGIS 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Karim,

Have you checked this article and try the workaround it provided to delete the stakeholder view and un-share and re-share the permission?

Problem: Survey results are not updated in Survey123 for ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
KarimNaguib
New Contributor III

That did resolve it, and they can now see the records, but now they are not able to download as Excel for any of the applications through Survey123.  I have double checked settings for all of the Stakeholders layers, and I do have the "Allow others to export to different formats" checked on.  Yesterday they were able to export just fine, but that functionality has gone way now.  Are these two issues related?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

They could be related. You could let your viewer log in and log out, also clear hte cache and try again. What error did the user receive when they try to download as excel? Is it just the excel format or any other format?

0 Kudos
KarimNaguib
New Contributor III

I'll have them try that and see if it resolves it.  here's their error.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Based on the error, does the user has create new item permission with the feature layer in AGOL?

0 Kudos
KarimNaguib
New Contributor III

He does. They have been using it and collecting data for the past 2 weeks.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Please have the user clear the cache and do a fresh log in since you had made changes on the view and there might be some cache with the web browser.

They could also try a incognito or proviate window to test with.

0 Kudos
KarimNaguib
New Contributor III

Thanks, I realized the issue happened when I changed their user type from Publisher to Data Editor. I switched it back today and it is resolved. I appreciate all of your help.

Karim