Survey send database error, possibly due to pulldata@layer

Jump to solution
03-28-2023 06:26 AM
mshanaghan
Occasional Contributor

My survey is set up to calculate a geoshape question with the geometry from a hosted feature layer on the Portal. The calculation appears to work fine while filling out the form (building footprints appear in the map), but I receive a "database error" upon hitting submit.  

Any ideas why surveys would not submit when pulling in geometry from a hosted feature layer? Without the pull data geoshape calculation, surveys do submit. 

A screencap of my xls form is below. Thank you. 

mshanaghan_0-1680009886738.png

mshanaghan_1-1680009899431.png

mshanaghan_2-1680009910986.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you manually set the length of your temporary fields?

Make sure that you set the length of the get_record1 and gr1_shape_temp fields to something really large. If you don't manually specify the length, even though it's a null field, the survey will truncate the text to something like 255 characters, so the returned JSON text is probably getting clipped.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you manually set the length of your temporary fields?

Make sure that you set the length of the get_record1 and gr1_shape_temp fields to something really large. If you don't manually specify the length, even though it's a null field, the survey will truncate the text to something like 255 characters, so the returned JSON text is probably getting clipped.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
mshanaghan
Occasional Contributor

That was exactly the problem. Thank you so much!

-Maegan

0 Kudos