Survey Results in Operations Dashboard?

04-05-2019 11:46 AM
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

I've created a Survey123 questionnaire, but I would like to show the results in an Operations Dashboard. Some of my questions are multiple choice and I would like to show the number of times a user selects each choice. Basically, I want to show in Ops Dashboard a graph just like the one that Survey123 automatically generates. I can't seem to figure it out, though!  

Here is what Survey123 looks like:

and here is what my Ops Dashboard looks like:

I feel like I've tried everything, but I just can't seem to get those values to ungroup in the graph! I want to know how many people choose each day of the week, not how many options there are with seven choices.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ClaytonCooley1
New Contributor II

I just tried this with my own Survey123 data and it seemed pretty straightforward. First, be sure you're pulling data from the correct layer. Survey123 creates three layers: '_Stakeholder', '_Fieldworker', and the main data layer (this does not have a descriptive name). You'll need to select the main layer, then the 'surveyPoint' feature. Once you select your layer, select 'Grouped Values' next to Categories From. Then, just select the field you want to see and it should pop up in the window to the right. Be sure that you have 'Count' selected under Statistics. You can then change the colors by value by going to the Series tab to the left.

1)

2)

0 Kudos
AprilChipman

Thanks for the response, Clayton! Unfortunately, this is how I have my dashboard setup and I'm not getting similar results. There's got to be something else going on here!

0 Kudos
NickDierks1
Occasional Contributor II

Is that question a select_multiple? If so, I don't think Operations Dashboard is able to parse out the individual choices within each survey response.

0 Kudos
AprilChipman

Yes, it is a Select Multiple question.

So do you think I'm out of luck? 

0 Kudos
NickDierks1
Occasional Contributor II

Unless someone else knows of a workaround, I think you might be. There are currently some enhancement requests for supporting Arcade expressions in Operations Dashboard, which might be able to get the job done depending on how that's implemented, but that's still not a reality yet.

Otherwise, reworking your survey to avoid using a select_multiple, or adding a bunch of hidden fields (monday_yesno, tuesday_yesno, etc.) may be your only options for recreating that graph in Ops Dashboard.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To expand on what Nick Dierks‌ stated, the current workaround is to utilize hidden fields.

For example:

typenamelabelcalculationesri::bind:fieldType
select_multiple picklistpicklistPick a value
hiddenvalue1Value 1
if(selected(${picklist}, 'value1'), 1, 0)
esriFieldTypeInteger

Casting as an Integer here is important otherwise the form will publish the value as a string and will be inaccessible as an options in the Fields category. Then in Ops Dashboard, add a Serial Chart and select Categories From: Fields in Data Options. Now for each Category, add the hidden field and ensure you use the Sum statistic to get a count of each hidden field.

You'll end up with something like this

Let me know if you need any additional clarification.

MichelleWilliams1

This will probably work for me too. I have a select multiple with Job Types, and I needed a way to show them individually. Thank you.

0 Kudos