Survey "hanging" after adding/editing fields

04-06-2020 08:11 AM
SturgeonWest
New Contributor II

I made changes (added and removed questions) to an already published survey and now it is "hanging" when I hit publish. Is there a way to republish this, or do i need to export the data and append?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sturgeon,

Can you provide more details to the changes you made in the form?  By chance, does your form have a repeat section and the only changes were made to the repeat?

0 Kudos
SturgeonWest
New Contributor II

Hello, I do not have a repeat. It's a simple questionnaire for people to submit job requests. I added a few fields in order to bypass the issue of only allowing 1 attachment in the form, as well as a basic multi line question. I did change the name of one of the questions (the original attachment question) so i'm wondering if that's the issue.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Changing the name of an attachment question shouldn't cause any problems.  What were the additional fields added?  Any possibility that they may conflict with DBMS reserved words?  Normally the Survey123 XLS template will highlight those in red, but the link to the reserved words list on the 'types' sheet can occasionally become broken.

0 Kudos
SturgeonWest
New Contributor II

Additional fields added were 2 attachment questions to bypass the problem of being able to only add one attachment per survey. I thought that might be the problem so I deleted them, then changed the name of the attachment question back to it’s original format and I still cannot get past the publish button. It hangs there, saying “Checking”.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

To confirm, attachments are already enabled on the feature layers?

0 Kudos
SturgeonWest
New Contributor II

Originally there was one attachment question at the end and it was working well. I added an additional multi line question above it, then 2 more attachment questions, then changed the name of the original question to match the 2 I just created. 

0 Kudos