Survey not syncing to Portal since the 2.0.56 update

05-09-2017 01:19 PM
MariaNieves
New Contributor III

I have a survey and feature service hosted on my 10.5 portal that I was able to use until i started using the 2.0.56 version on my iPad. I have not changed anything other than upgrade the mobile app on the iPad. My coworker (who has the 2.0.53 version on his iPad) is able to create and sync surveys with no problem. I also testing the survey on windows version 2.0.53 and it works fine there too. 

I tested publishing the same survey (use the same excel file) to AGO and it works fine with with Survey123 iOs version 2.0.56. 

I get the "Getting Service information" message and it just spins. 

Any ideas as to why this is happening? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Maria - This error can be caused by problems including the login being expired, or a change that has been made to feature service after the form was downloaded. In your case it is more likely to be the former. Just to rule this out - can you confirm that you have signed out and then back into the application since the update?

0 Kudos
MariaNieves
New Contributor III

Hi Johnathan,

Thanks for your reply. I signed out and back in and still had the issue. I deleted the survey and redownloaded and that didn't fix it. I even removed the app from the iPad and redownloaded the app and that didn't work. I asked two of my coworkers who had already updated Survey123 to 2.0.56 to test it and they had the same issue. 

Thanks 

Maria 

0 Kudos
MariaNieves
New Contributor III

Also, I just checked using 2.0.56 on Android and Windows and both times I was successful at syncing my surveys. So this issue is only happening on iOs for me.  

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

OK - good to rule it out.

Could you publish your survey to Portal 10.5, but using a different survey name (i.e. create a new version) and test this on your IPad? - please let me know the result.

Also could you let me know which version of IOS you are using, the IPad model, and share your survey xls. I will see I can reproduce this.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
MariaNieves
New Contributor III

Hi John,

Here is some information about what I have done so far.

Our configuration:

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5 (portal, AGS and Data Store)

IWA (AD) authentication for Portal

Servers – Windows Server 2012

2 Mobile devices:

iPad iOs version – 10.3.1

Survey123 2.0.56

iPad models - iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro

Our issue:

- I created a Survey on Survey123 Connect (desktop 2.0.35 v) and successfully tested it on my iPad last week on the Survey123 for  iOs 2.0.53 version.  

- I shared the survey with coworker for review and he was able to test it and use it on iOs 2.0.53 version.

I didn’t make any changes to the survey since it worked on the iPads version 2.0.53. 

I updated Survey123 on my iPad from 2.0.53 to 2.056 and since then I have not been able to sync my surveys with the DataStore. I am able to download the survey from my Portal and edit it, when I want to save and send the changes, I get the “Getting Service information” message and it just spins and spins

Troubleshooting steps:

1- Logged out and back in to the App to make sure there wasn’t anything weird with the login after the update.and still had the error

2- Deleted the survey from the iPad and re-downloaded it and still had the error

3- Remove Survey123 from the iPad and re-downloaded it and still had the error

5- Use the xls file, created new survey with a different name, published and tested and still had the error

6- Created a new survey (Basic template) and tested to make sure it isn’t that survey and still had the error

7- I installed Survey123 Connect new version 2.0.41, created a survey and tried it on iOs and still had the error

8- Published the same survey to ArcGIS Online and tested on Survey123 2.0.56 for iOs and it worked fine

9- Tested on a coworkers iPad who still has Survey123 2.0.53 and it works on that iPad

10 -Tested on Survey123 for Android 2.0.56 and it works

I would be more than happy to share my xls file. How do I send it to you? 

Thanks for helping out with this. 

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Maria - You can email it to jhasthorpe@esri.com

0 Kudos