Survey not publishing

10-05-2019 02:47 PM
chiragtiwari
New Contributor II

Hello Support Staff,

I am trying to publish two surveys they both hang during the process "spinning disk" I don't have a repeat in my survey and everything seems to be in order.  Can you please have a look?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi.

Please note that to get help from Esri Technical Support you need to contact support.esri.com or your local Esri Distributor. GeoNet and discussion forums like this simply offer help from the Esri community: users of the software who choose to help in their spare time. Contributions coming from Esri employees through GeoNet do not represent or replace Esri Technical Support.

I was able to successfully publish V1 and V3 into ArcGIS Online using Survey123 Connect version 3.6. See below at fast-speed.

My first guess would be that for some unknown reason Connect is failing to replace your existing Form item in ArcGIS Online. Try publishing your XLSForm as a new-separate form, as if you were publishing for the first time and see what happens.  You can do this from the Survey123 Connect gallery, clicking on the menu of your Survey123 card and selecting 'Create a new survey'.

If that works for you and you do not care about the old survey, delete the old survey and go with the new as if nothing had happened.  If you really need to replace the old survey, then an Esri Technical Support analyst will need to look at this in more detail to understand the problem.

I noticed that you are referencing a handful of pictures in your form. These images are supposed to be in your survey media folder.  I wonder if these images could be causing a problem. I think it is unlikely, but could be the culprit.  You also have a bunch of CSV files referenced that I did not have in my end.

0 Kudos
chiragtiwari
New Contributor II

Dear Ismael,

Thanks for your prompt reply,  the pictures are in the media folder and it refuses to publish, I have tried to create a new survey via hamburger dropdown it refuses to publish, I have tried to create a new survey like you did and it refuses to complete publication, i have also removed all pictures and it still refuses.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
chiragtiwari
New Contributor II

I deleted the media folder outright and it published.  so yes there is a media folder issue.  Thanks again for your advice and help!

0 Kudos