Survey looks like it downloads, but fails to launch correctly

Jump to solution
11-16-2018 09:01 AM
GregoryLiggett
New Contributor III

Link from collector to launch a survey, opens survey123 on android device, goes to download the survey, goes through the downloading, unpacking, thumbnail, and gives an error that it didn't download. However, it is there, and I can open it, but it will not open from the collector url. See the attached screenshot. 

I have published and re-published the survey, uninstalled survey123 and reinstalled, and tried it on 2 different devices. No change. What am I doing wrong?

Here is the url:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=b6dbe4d4adf245d786646df747b871b3?field:PL_LCLTY_ID={GlobalID}

Also attached is the survey.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
GregoryLiggett
New Contributor III

I had a similar problem on an android Note 8. I deleted collector and survey123 and reloaded it, and it still would not open a survey. I went to the survey123 settings, to the storage settings, and I reinitialize the database, fixed the database, and deleted submitted surveys. Not sure which one or if all were needed, but now it opens surveys fine.

0 Kudos
ChrisYoung2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Gregory.

Tried that, but it didn't do anything. Still getting the same response.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Using the custom url scheme to launch and download a survey is designed for when you are launching survey123 from another app (such as Collector) and want to pass parameters and data from Collector into Survey123. This will download and open the survey if not already on the device.

Sounds like this is not your problem, if you can not download via the Downloads page, the problem is likely the sharing permissions of the form item or feature service, of it has been moved into another folder, or some other publishing issue.

Phil.

0 Kudos
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there, I'm hoping some of the respondents to this thread are still active. I am trying to pass attributes from Field Maps to Survey123. When I click the link to the survey in Field Maps, it opens up Survey123, but when I try to pass attributes, there's a notification at the bottom of the S123 screen saying the survey has not been downloaded. When I click to download it, it begins, but then I get an Error Unpacking message.

Survey123 field - GUID

Field Maps field - GlobalID

ItemID - f3b268ddb5954312b2b8af8cef54b924

Link - arcgis-survey123://?itemID=f3b268ddb5954312b2b8af8cef54b924&field:GUID={GlobalID}

I've also attached some screenshots.

This is not a public survey, but I do have it shared in the organisation, and I've checked I am signed in to the correct organisation on both my mobile Field Maps and Survey123.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @elpinguino,

Can you confirm whatversion of the Survey123 field app you are using, and also what version of Connect was the survey published with?

If you down the survey manually first (via the Download surveys menu) does the link from Field Maps then work as expected? It is the problem only with the download?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
elpinguino

Hey @Anonymous User , 

Survey123 field app - 3.12.277

Connect - 3.12.232

If you down the survey manually first (via the Download surveys menu) does the link from Field Maps then work as expected? It is the problem only with the download?

Thanks for suggesting this. I've just tried it, but no luck. Still got the unpacking error.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @elpinguino,

Can you try republishing the survey again from Connect, deleting off the device, and then download again? Does the unpack error happen on all devices, all OS, or just some?

Do other surveys on the same device unpack ok?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
elpinguino

For anyone who might come across this post in the future and be stuck in a similar situation that I was, make sure you're looking in AGOL for the ItemID of the published S123 form. Finally made sense here.