Survey looks like it downloads, but fails to launch correctly

Jump to solution
11-16-2018 09:01 AM
New Contributor III

Link from collector to launch a survey, opens survey123 on android device, goes to download the survey, goes through the downloading, unpacking, thumbnail, and gives an error that it didn't download. However, it is there, and I can open it, but it will not open from the collector url. See the attached screenshot. 

I have published and re-published the survey, uninstalled survey123 and reinstalled, and tried it on 2 different devices. No change. What am I doing wrong?

Here is the url:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=b6dbe4d4adf245d786646df747b871b3?field:PL_LCLTY_ID={GlobalID}

Also attached is the survey.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
New Contributor III

I had a similar problem on an android Note 8. I deleted collector and survey123 and reloaded it, and it still would not open a survey. I went to the survey123 settings, to the storage settings, and I reinitialize the database, fixed the database, and deleted submitted surveys. Not sure which one or if all were needed, but now it opens surveys fine.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Thanks Gregory.

Tried that, but it didn't do anything. Still getting the same response.

0 Kudos
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Chris,

Using the custom url scheme to launch and download a survey is designed for when you are launching survey123 from another app (such as Collector) and want to pass parameters and data from Collector into Survey123. This will download and open the survey if not already on the device.

Sounds like this is not your problem, if you can not download via the Downloads page, the problem is likely the sharing permissions of the form item or feature service, of it has been moved into another folder, or some other publishing issue.

Phil.

0 Kudos