Survey Does Not Exist Error

01-24-2018 10:20 AM
deleted-user-nnmARJ6J4bfP
New Contributor II

Since I have updated to the latest version on Survey 123 I am unable to use a form that I created a month ago. It allows me to publish it, but it won't let me summit an entry. When in go to my Survey 123 online i get an error message that says "The survey does not exist or is not accessible. " despite having the thumbnail icon for me to click one.

0 Kudos
64 Replies
KaitlinFinan1
New Contributor II

Did you recently make any changes in the "My survey designs" folder?  I was messing around with the .info file in there to try to get an offline basemap working....I think I made some schema change that somehow broke the survey. After I went back into the .info file and changed it back to the original, I was able to view my survey on survey123.com with no error message.  Not sure if it was a fluke or a fix, but it worked for me.

0 Kudos
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

No, I haven't modified the .info file.  This is happening now to three of my surveys - all of which were published using the latest version of Connect (version 2.7).  2 of those surveys are multi-page and the other is a single page. 

Thank you for your reply

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dan,

Is your experience similar to https://community.esri.com/message/764484-re-cant-see-the-data ?  Can you share an XLSfile of a survey that does not work?

0 Kudos
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

Thank you for your reply.  I sent you an email with my xls.  My issue is not the same as the issue in your referenced post.  I can see the icons for my surveys in survey123.arcgis.com but when I click on the icon to access the data, I get this error message:  

This only happens for the surveys that I have published in the past 2 weeks, which roughly corresponds to my installing Connect version 2.7.

Thanks again,

Dan

0 Kudos
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

I recently uninstalled connect version 2.7 and reinstalled version 2.5.  When I re-publish my surveys using 2.5 I still get this error and cannot access the data.  When I delete the form's folder in AGOL (form and feature service) ,and delete the info, iteminfo and forminfo json files, and then publish the form again with 2.5, I can access my data.  Any thoughts on why I might be experiencing this error?  I have a couple of forms that I cannot delete and then republish, but I still need to be able to access the data and produce reports on.  Any thoughts on how to fix this error on these forms?

Thank you,

Dan

0 Kudos
GregoryElizondo
New Contributor II

I am now realizing that my data goes to the feature layer (in portal), but does not talk to S123 website (as I too get the Survey does not exist, but the icons for the surveys are there)...my Survey folders in portal that are autocreated when a form is published in Connect are also empty...I have over 160 records and the data collection on my phone works like a charm...I didn't see a clear answer in the forum for this issue....do I need to move the form and webmap files into the correct folders in portal? or some other work around?

I hope someone can at least answer...I have posted stand alone questions before and have not received an answer for over a month sometimes...

0 Kudos
HarmondSantos1
New Contributor III

Were you able to resolve this issue? I have been experiencing this now and can't wrap my head around what has been the issue. Before this week, the form has been working really well on all platforms - web, desktop and mobile apps. 

Ajeng_SalmaYarista1
New Contributor II

Hi, I am experiencing this too. I created the survey in Survey123 Connect and I got result of "The survey does not exist or is not accessible." when opening the survey in Survey123 website.

It is accessible in Connect, submitting data is also possible, but I failed in publishing the data.

Any follow up for this issue? Thank you

JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Ajeng:

I contacted Esri Tech Support, but they were not able to help solve my problem.  So, I decided to start over with my Survey123 form.  I did find out that I could create a new S123 project with my original form (my Excel spreadsheet XLS file), which saved me a lot of time.  I deleted my earlier S123 work from ArcGIS Online (save any survey information first by downloading your existing data) and from my computer (save a copy of your original XLS form somewhere for safe keeping).  I opened Survey123 Connect and clicked on the New Survey button.

button

Choose the "File" option in this New Survey window.  Give the survey a name and you have a new base to start from.  Make what ever little adjustments are needed and publish your new survey.  This worked for me and did not take too much time to do.

form

Ajeng_SalmaYarista1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the answer. Nevertheless, unfortunately it did not work for me. Upon trying such a solution, I got the following results:
The survey in portalSurvey is not available in app Survey is also not available on Survey123 website

0 Kudos