Survey Does Not Exist Error

01-24-2018 10:20 AM
deleted-user-nnmARJ6J4bfP
New Contributor II

Since I have updated to the latest version on Survey 123 I am unable to use a form that I created a month ago. It allows me to publish it, but it won't let me summit an entry. When in go to my Survey 123 online i get an error message that says "The survey does not exist or is not accessible. " despite having the thumbnail icon for me to click one.

0 Kudos
64 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,

How was this form originally created?  Did you use Survey123 Connect, or the web designer on the Survey123 website?

When you say that it allows you to publish, but not submit, can you please let us know where you are publishing (Survey123 Connect or web designer) and if you are attempting to submit using the Survey123 field app (mobile) or the web form (online)?

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

I used Survey123 Connect

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

I have tried to submit it via the mobile app as well as the downloaded version on my desktop. In Connect it will let me publish the form with no problem. But it still won't let me submit anything to the Survey. 

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for the info, David.

After publishing successfully using Survey123 Connect, can you please select the option to 'Manage in Survey123 website' from the side panel?

Do you encounter the same error, or what are your results? 

There is a possibility that the survey you are publishing in Connect, and the one you are attempting to access in your online Survey Gallery may not be the same.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

I achieve the same result when I select the option to 'Manage in Survey123 website' from the side panel. It still shows up as not existing. 

0 Kudos
RyanWitsell1
New Contributor

I am also experiencing this issue. I publish via Survey123 Connect and all of my surveys are experiencing the same error message. I was using the tool and the surveys successfully hours ago. It is essential that these services are restored. We have a very large project that is occurring on 1/29 that relies completely on these surveys. I have tried the same steps as David and am seeing the same error.

0 Kudos
RyanWitsell1
New Contributor

I am able to submit surveys under links that I have already sent out. It seems that the management of the survey items is unavailable. I have attached an image of the management panel. All of the options are grayed out.

I have tried to publish one of the ESRI community surveys and I can access those successfully. It seems the issue is limited to surveys I have modified.

0 Kudos
IanBarwell
New Contributor III

We too are getting this error: "The survey does not exist or is not accessible".

The problem occurs on a recently updated survey that works fine in the mobile app, successfully adding and submitting records. The form and the data are not accessible on the Survey123 website. The hosted feature service is functioning properly and accessible.

This same issue has reoccurred with older surveys based on earlier versions of the same basic survey design. Surveys that have not been modified at all suddently stopped being accessible via the S123 website, perhaps due to website updates. 

All of the surveys with issues were designed on a somewhat outdated release of S123 and S123 Connect. The reason we have been holding off on upgrades is because it appears that there is no .msi installer for these products on Windows, which is what our IT department requires for frequent updates for products that are changing quickly like S123.

We could just create a new survey and migrate the 5k records as a workaround, but it sure would be nice to avoid this issue in the future. 

Thanks

DavidMc_Laughlin
New Contributor III

Hi Ian,

Did you have any luck with this since? I've come across this issue just yesterday where I'm getting a grey 'X' when I try to access the back end of Survey 123 in the browser.

Thanks, David.