Survey does not appear in desktop version

04-05-2019 09:49 AM
EvanDowdakin1
New Contributor II

Hello GIS folks, I have created an inspection survey that is view-able on the phone application for everyone in the group I have shared it with. However, aside from myself (the owner), nobody in the group is able to view the survey in the desktop version of Survey123. Is there a known bug where only the owner of a survey can view it in the desktop application? Or a certain setting I have not turned on? We would like to avoid making the manager of the inspections the owner of the survey as they are not a GIS person and would not be able to make any potential edits to the survey.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Evan,

When you reference the desktop application, are you referring to the Survey123 field app (same app as is on your phone), or the Survey123 website where you would see the results and view analysis?

All sharing should be managed via the Collaborate options in the Survey123 website, as documented here  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/create-surveys/sharesurvey.htm

The owner/creator of the survey is the one who has the ability to manage these sharing options.

Hope this helps, and let us know if you are able to successfully share the survey and/or results.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
EvanDowdakin1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the prompt response! And sorry for the confusion; I was referencing the website not the field app.

We have figured it out; it turns out that we had made the manager of the inspections a "submitter" but not a "viewer" of the survey. 

0 Kudos