Survey Connect displays blank app via GoToMyPc remote connection

Jump to solution
04-14-2020 12:14 PM
EdApalinski
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

James Tedrick

An odd situation, when I remote connect to my desktop using GoToMyPc and open either Survey123 Connect or Survey123 the applications appear as blank with no menus or options.  OS is windows 10, I have tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox.  I installed the latest release also (3.10.120).  Has anyone else seen this behavior?  I have several production surveys on my desktop and do not wish to re-build them on my laptop.

Any advise on correcting the issue would be most appreciated.

Best,

Ed

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ed,

It sounds like a graphics driver issue, which is what happens when we see just a white screen. What version of Windows 10 (exact version number) is the desktop using? Also are the drivers for the graphics card up to date?

If you use the desktop directly, not via remote connection, does both Connect and field app work ok? If so, it is likely a graphics issue between GoToMyPc and Survey123 trying to use the same resources. We would need to investigate this further.

Have you tried using other remote access software such as built in Windows Remote Desktop (RDP) from your laptop to desktop, or try VNC or TeamViewer? We know these work fine with all versions of Survey123 as most of us in the dev team use them with all our different desktops and servers when testing day to day.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ed,

It sounds like a graphics driver issue, which is what happens when we see just a white screen. What version of Windows 10 (exact version number) is the desktop using? Also are the drivers for the graphics card up to date?

If you use the desktop directly, not via remote connection, does both Connect and field app work ok? If so, it is likely a graphics issue between GoToMyPc and Survey123 trying to use the same resources. We would need to investigate this further.

Have you tried using other remote access software such as built in Windows Remote Desktop (RDP) from your laptop to desktop, or try VNC or TeamViewer? We know these work fine with all versions of Survey123 as most of us in the dev team use them with all our different desktops and servers when testing day to day.

Regards,

Phil.

EdApalinski
Occasional Contributor

Phil,

I updated the video card drivers and that did the trick!  Survey123 now displays correctly.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Ed