Survey automatically reloads upon submit (and I don't want it to!)

Jump to solution
02-10-2022 04:45 AM
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all, 

I've embedded a simple survey in an Experience Builder page, and when a user clicks 'submit' on the survey, a new survey automatically loads.  

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/95e2ca6befde4ae4809f7b9b7da70f1a/page/Survey/ 

Instead of this, I'd like it to pause on the previous screen (which says thank you for completing the survey, and contains a hyperlink to where to go next). 

Is there a way I can control this?  I feel sure there must be but I can't find it!

I'm using Survey123. 

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Helen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think this is an Experience Builder issue, actually. Are you using the Embed widget, or the Survey widget? An embedded URL should not auto-refresh the way the survey widget does.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think this is an Experience Builder issue, actually. Are you using the Embed widget, or the Survey widget? An embedded URL should not auto-refresh the way the survey widget does.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
HelenCooper

Ah, thanks Josh.  I've just tested it outside of ExB and you're absolutely right. 

I'm using the Survey widget - any recommendations for which widget would work best?

Thanks again, 

Helen

0 Kudos
HelenCooper

Actually second question not needed - sorry!

Your question was enough to prompt the answer once I'd engaged my brain... I've switched to the embed widget and that's now working a treat.

Very many thanks for your help as always!

Helen

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Glad to hear it! I'll add a note in my original response just so it shows as part of the solution.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
TecsolutionDevelopment
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to use survey widget within my EXbuilder app and after submitting the record it doesn't refresh, I need to make it automatically refresh after submitting the record any advice please ?

Thanks,

Abdelrahman.