Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey 123 Unique IDs

10-04-2022 11:20 AM
BNix_TPA
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm looking at having on of my fields in Survey123 auto-populate.  I know this has been asked a bunch, but I think this may be a unique scenario.  Basically I'm creating a dashboard to show current construction projects.  Each project can have multiple Construction Notifications, this is the number I want auto-populated.  I want to be able to have unique Construction Notification Numbers, and be sequential, per project.  Say I have Project 123-45 this could have notification 1,2,3. Project 789-10 could also have notification 1,2,3.  But the notifications are each unique to the project they are for.  Is this possible? Seems like a JS solution, but the solutions I have come across don't do this exactly.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could try the new pulldata to a layer which is in beta now. 

But it will never be perfect.  User A starts a form, lookup brings back 8 + 1 =9.  While User A is filling out the form User B starts a form, lookup brings back 8 + 1 = 9.  Then they eventually both submit - dups.

Some type of timestamp key is about the only way Project 789-1004221244.  Or use no key at all.  Pass the main ID from the parent in and forget it. 

With the relationships built in what is the use case for the IDs?  

0 Kudos
BNix_TPA
New Contributor III

I don't think there will be much overlap with the submissions, so dups aren't necessarily an issue.  They use the IDs to see how many notifications have been sent out per project.

0 Kudos