Survey 123 to Field Maps/Collector reverse auto field population

03-12-2021 06:44 AM
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Greetings!

Can a field in a Survey 123 form auto-populate results back to a field in specific feature layer elsewhere in the AGOL?

I know and do pull attributes from a feature layer to populate a field in the survey but would like the reverse to happen.

One case would be that I have a hydrant feature with a field of "Date_Tested" and I would like the date from the Survey 123 submission to overwrite the entry in the hydrant feature.

Is this a possibility??

Thanks in advance for your assistance/guidance!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

I am guessing this help topic may help: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/prepareforediting.htm In essence, you can configure Survey123 so you can download existing features from a layer in ArcGIS into the app. Then use a form to represent the feature and submit modifications to it.

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ismael!

I will dig into what have relayed and post outcomes.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The other option is to use Arcade and just show the date vs it be a field.

If you are connecting to a SDE you could use attribute rules.

Just other ideas.

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Good morning Doug!

No SDE. We run just what is standard in AGOL.

Can you expand on "just show the date vs it be a field"?

What we hope to accomplish is having a S123 form where we have the SYSASSET_ID auto pop in the form from the selected feature in a Collector/FM app (of which we already have in operation) and then the date of the form submission replace a date in the same feature residing in the AGOL map accessed by the field app.

What I am trying to avoid is having the field person select a different date in the feature from the AGOL map than the date that auto selects in the S123 form. Just trying to rule out some human error if possible. Right now they submit the form entry and then go into the referenced feature from the field app and manually change the date. Sometimes they remember and do it right, and a lot of the time, not so much.

The hope would be to have identical information without having to get the ruler out and start smacking the back of hands.

Any thoughts please share.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out this post for some sample code - they are doing the same thing.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/how-to-create-an-arcade-expression-to-show-...

hope that helps

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Sweet! Thanks Doug!

I will be sure to post and resolve if i can make it work or if needed with more questions!

0 Kudos