Survey 123 Survey shows Choice_1, Choice_2, etc when exported to excel.

03-27-2018 02:24 PM
ToddHill
New Contributor II

So I created a large survey in the web version of Survey 123. The survey looked perfect and worked the same for what we were trying to accomplish. My issue was when I went to export the survey to Excel some of my fields would display 

choice_1, Choice1 or choice_2, and not the actually data that was entered while using the survey in the Survey 123 app.

So I opened the survey in Connector which I could but when I would try to make any changes to the survey I would get error messages after I saved the changes.

I did search online and found this link https://community.esri.com/thread/187357-export-data-results-in-choice0-choice1-choice2-values-in-cs... 

But I was hoping someone could help me fix this without having to recreate the entire survey in Connector.

Thanks in advance!!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Todd

This is a known issue with select_one questions. The data itself is written as the name column and a domain is created to so that the labels seen in Survey123 will be seen in ArcGIS Online; in all but file geodatabase exports, ArcGIS Online provides the code (choice names) instead of labels.  You can export the data with the labels via ArcGIS Desktop tools - see How To: Export a table to include domain descriptions and coded values to export to .dbf.

Thanks
John
0 Kudos
ToddHill
New Contributor II

John,

I tried that link but it went to a tech support page with no information. Can you check the link for me and resend when you can.

Thanks,

Todd

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Done. The steps will create a .dbf that you can open in excel.

0 Kudos