Survey 123 sign in screen is blank? Can't login

03-24-2021 11:10 AM
kkatashuk
New Contributor II

Hello,

For whatever reason, some users in my company are running into an issue when they try to login to Survey123 on their iPhone 7.

They click the "Login with ArcGIS Online" option and the screen then the next screen that comes up is blank to where they can't even type their credentials to try to log in.

The gentleman that called me today is using an iPhone 7, IOS 14.4.1, and Survey123 version 3.12.274.

He has tried the following (I watched him do it)

1. Forcing the Survey123 App closed and re-opening a fresh instance.
  2. Restarting his phone.
  3. Uninstalling/Reinstalling the app.
  4. Disconnecting from his wifi and trying on his phone providers internet.

I've tried to help him (and others) as much as I could, but I can only do so much. It is currently a major road block for them as they are unable to do anything on the app.

kkatashuk_0-1616608949857.jpeg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @kkatashuk,

I had tested on an iPhone 7 running IOS 14.0.1 as well as an iPhone 8+ running IOS 14.4.1 and the behavior wasn't reproduced on either device. 

Are the devices where the behavior is encountered personal devices or company devices running a MDM? 

If you have them select "Continue without signing in" > select the hamburger icon on the top right of the Survey gallery page > Settings > Diagnostics > enable diagnostic logging > then select back twice to go back to the Survey gallery page > select the hamburger again and select Sign in while logging is enabled. Is the same behavior observed? If so would I be able to obtain a copy of the diagnostic log that is created? Please feel free to email it to ZSutherby@esri.com if placing it on Esri Community is not preferred. 

When the white screen is observed if they select the gear icon on the top right of the screen does the connection say ArcGIS Online? If you try adding a connection and specifying your specific ArcGIS Online Organization is the same behavior observed? The URL will be something along the lines of https://<yourOrg>.maps.arcgis.com

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
kkatashuk
New Contributor II

Thank you for getting back to me. I sent this to the guys having an issue and it looks like one of them tried it with no success. I am waiting for him to get back to me so I can get his diagnostic log emailed over.

Yes, they are on a company phone using an MDM. For whatever reason, this only happens to some people and its basically lights out for them in terms of using the app. Unfortunately for this situation, mine works just fine so getting answers/troubleshooting from people working remotely is difficult.

We do have ESRI Premium Support, I might have a ticket put in just to get some traction going. Again, it is hard because we are dealing with people working remotely who aren't in GIS attempting to work tickets regarding GIS issues. 

I will reach out here soon with the logs as soon as he gets back to me. Thank you again for the help!

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @kkatashuk

Thank you for confirming an MDM is in the equation. I'm adding my colleague @Anonymous User for visibility, I've mainly seen issues with MDM's and ArcGIS Enterprise but this is the first I've seen with ArcGIS Online. 

A couple of additional things to check would be if the colleagues who are running into the issue, if their MDM profile is configured the same as yours. Also it may be helpful to check if IT needs to add www.arcgis.com to the allow list for the firewall on those users profile. 

May we also ask what MDM provider you are using? 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
kkatashuk
New Contributor II

Thank you for the help, Zach.

I emailed you a log yesterday, along with a screen shot if that helps. We are using Airwatch for the MDM.

0 Kudos