Survey 123 send stuck on Getting service information

02-18-2019 02:26 PM
AaronWorthley1
Occasional Contributor II

I am encountering a problem where my survey gets stuck when trying to send with the spinning wheel and "Getting Service information" then the name of the 2nd of 2 related tables.

Based on other threads for similar issues, I've rebuilt the entire geodatabase, and overwritten the feature service, I've updated and republished the survey, but this continues to happen. I can't get any surveys to upload.

I had this working fine previously, but I had to update the feature service and ended up making a whole new survey based on the old one but referencing the new FS.

Is there any way to troubleshoot what is going on? I'm running v3.2.265 on ios. The feature service is hosted on AGOL, and has 2 related tables which are populated by the Survey. The hang appears to be on the second of the 2. The 2nd table is referenced in a repeat in the form, but it doesn't matter if I add data to that part of the form or not.

I'm able to create features and rows in the related tables in ArcGIS Pro with no issues. Since I've already rebuilt everything, I'm not sure how else to figure it out.

0 Kudos
43 Replies
AndrewMoskaLee
New Contributor III

I am having this same problem.  Can you elaborate on how to accomplish the workaround?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Instead of publishing via ArcGIS Pro, copy the feature classes to a file geodatabase and publish the service by uploading the file geodatabase using the ArcGIS Online/Enterprise web pages.

0 Kudos
KeithOlsen
Occasional Contributor

FYI, I'm having this same issue and I'm not using ArcPro at all. I'm just publishing from Survey123 Connect (3.3.51) directly to my enterprise setup (10.6.1). When uploading survey responses from a windows based survey123 app I get stuck on the getting service information box.... I'm not sure your fix will work for me since it doesn't appear that survey123 connect is saving info to a geodatabase prior to publishing.

0 Kudos
KeithOlsen
Occasional Contributor

An update to this. I seem to have fixed it by deleting the survey folder off Enterprise and re-publishing. The itemInfo file had to be removed to get it to go, but otherwise it seems to be working now. Maybe a result of my upgrading Survey123 connect?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Keith,

We have also addressed this for the next release of the field app - if you are able to, can you go to the Survey123 Early Adopter Community and download a beta version?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I ‘have have encountered survey123 sending stuck on getting service information. Can someone send me please a screenshot process for solving this issue, which i can follow.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Elie,

Can you please provide more information about the error? Are you using AGO or Portal? What version of Survey123 Connect and Field App? Did you use existing feature service or create new one?

Do you have repeats in your survey, did you change anything on the AGO/Portal contents folder, or sharing or capabilities on feature service? Was it working before and now stopped working?

If you can send your xlsx file that would also be helpful.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are having a similar issue where one employee is attempting to submit surveys and it spins on "Getting Service Infomration".  This is not happening for other devices.  We attempted multiple fixes, such as re-downloading the survey, re-downloading the app, restarting device.  Its occurring on an IPad.   He has the latest version.  Not sure how else to troubleshoot.  

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeffrey,

Due to the fact that this issue is occurring on one specific device, it looks like it would be best investigated by creating a case with our Technical Support.  In the meantime, feel free to capture a log and upload it to this thread (as well as provide to the Technical Support analyst)

Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
JonSylvester
New Contributor

We are suffering a situation where we have a survey and collected data in the field successfully. We then unfortunately deleted the AGOL feature layers and geodatabases which removed all data from survey123. Luckily all the data is still on the tablets and survey123. We have managed to delete the .info file from the survey folder and republish the original survey to survey123 which is great. I downloaded the survey onto a new tablet, and was able to successfully load a test survey to survey123. On the tablets where the data has already been sent, I am unable to re-send the surveys, it comes up with 'Getting service information' when trying to send. I additional tried to create a new dummy survey on the tablet with the original data and send it but it has the same service information error as well. I need to get the information from the tablets loaded to survey123 to associate photos again, but it is getting stuck somewhere. If someone has any ideas on how to get through this hurdle it would be greatly appreciated,

Regards Jon

0 Kudos