Survey 123 send stuck on Getting service information

02-18-2019 02:26 PM
AaronWorthley1
Occasional Contributor II

I am encountering a problem where my survey gets stuck when trying to send with the spinning wheel and "Getting Service information" then the name of the 2nd of 2 related tables.

Based on other threads for similar issues, I've rebuilt the entire geodatabase, and overwritten the feature service, I've updated and republished the survey, but this continues to happen. I can't get any surveys to upload.

I had this working fine previously, but I had to update the feature service and ended up making a whole new survey based on the old one but referencing the new FS.

Is there any way to troubleshoot what is going on? I'm running v3.2.265 on ios. The feature service is hosted on AGOL, and has 2 related tables which are populated by the Survey. The hang appears to be on the second of the 2. The 2nd table is referenced in a repeat in the form, but it doesn't matter if I add data to that part of the form or not.

I'm able to create features and rows in the related tables in ArcGIS Pro with no issues. Since I've already rebuilt everything, I'm not sure how else to figure it out.

0 Kudos
43 Replies
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

I am now having the same issue. When logged in as the administrator I am able to complete and submit my Survey123 Form using the Send button at the end of the survey form. However, other staff and hub community users are unable to submit data, with it getting stuck on Getting service information after clicking Send.

The survey was built in Connect. 

I have attached the log file from Survey123.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Robert Ward‌  It looks like your users have access to the Form item but not its corresponding feature layer. Would you mind using the Collaborate tab of your survey from the Survey123 website to share your project. Make sure you select the appropriate groups and then click on Save. This will modify the sharing of the survey feature layer appropriately.

DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, all fixed. My mistake!

0 Kudos
StrathconaBTS
New Contributor III

Thanks, this also fixed my issue. I'd love to see you guys check for this scenario and pop up an error message like "Permission denied to upload to survey. Please have your administrator check the permissions." etc

Having the app just spin and freeze on 'Getting Service Information' could potentially kill a field day if the user isn't savvy enough to kill the app. IE If Survey123 hangs on this window no new records can be recorded unless the app is force stopped. Thanks!

0 Kudos