Survey 123 Report Template Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse

Jump to solution
11-07-2020 06:30 AM
LeilaJackson1
Occasional Contributor III

I am receiving the following error when I try to run my report in Survey123. This is the same template that I have been using for almost a year on a monthly basis with no issues, so I don't understand why I am having issues now. I have made no changes to the template, survey or layer. I removed the template and tried making some minor changes, but still getting the same error. Have there been changes to Survey123 reports that would cause this? I have attached my XLS form and template. Thanks for any thoughts!

Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse ${start_time| format:"MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm A"}. Filter format:"MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm A" is not supported on start_time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for raising the issue here!

We have done some changes to the metadata types which include start and end, and it seems like the format support for them is not working. I will reply to this post with any update. If you remove the format for start_time and end_time, then the report can be generated without issue.

I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,

Ruth

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for raising the issue here!

We have done some changes to the metadata types which include start and end, and it seems like the format support for them is not working. I will reply to this post with any update. If you remove the format for start_time and end_time, then the report can be generated without issue.

I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,

Ruth

LeilaJackson1

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi,

The issue has been fixed, and the format for metadata start and end should work on the Survey123 website now. Please leave a comment if you have any problem with the fix.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
LeilaJackson1

Thank you! It is working now!

0 Kudos