Survey 123 Publish stuck on "Getting form information"

Jump to solution
01-22-2020 04:55 AM
AlexChen
New Contributor III

On XLSForm spreadsheet, I have a "begin repeat" section for multiple entries of resemble questions.  There is a geopoint component in the "begin repeat" section. This can be published from Survey 123 to ArcGIS Online My Survey. Everything was fine. However, if I added one more component within the "begin repeat" section, publish failed.

The publish process was stuck at "Get form information".

XLSForm

publish fails

How can I get this working?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you add a new field to a repeat?  There is a old bug that causes this.  Trick is to add a dummy field to the main form and then it will publish.  Then remove the dummy.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you add a new field to a repeat?  There is a old bug that causes this.  Trick is to add a dummy field to the main form and then it will publish.  Then remove the dummy.

Marco_AlejandroBonilla
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! Super effective!

0 Kudos
Taku_RiverTlingit
New Contributor III

Hey Doug,

I have the same problem - I added two fields two a repeat and want to re-publish, but then it gets stuck on "Getting form information". What exactly do you mean with adding a dummy field? So basically adding also a question to the main survey, then re-publish, and then delete the field within the feature layer?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What I usually do is add a hidden field called tempforbug outside of the repeat.

Publish

Delete temp field

Publish

Do not delete from the HFS otherwise Publish will fail,

Good to go.  Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Taku_RiverTlingit
New Contributor III

Perfect. Doug. Thanks a lot for the clarification. Solved the problem for me  

I added the temp field in the survey outside of the repeat, re-published, deleted the temp field, and re-published again. Now it should be fine to delete the temp field from the HFS, right? 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you mean it kept it?  I thought it deleted it. But I think you can.  

0 Kudos
AlbertoMillán
New Contributor

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the solution.

Update: This bug and its fix still exists in Version 3.12.232

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It says it is fixed in the upcoming 3.13.  

• Fixed BUG-000113652 Republish hangs when you have added questions only to a repeat or nested repeat.
0 Kudos