Survey 123 - Problem with setting rules

Jump to solution
03-02-2021 07:02 PM
mfreeman
New Contributor II

Hello,

After editing one of my survey, I have noticed that all my rules have gone wrong (i.e associated with the wrong question, disappearing,...)

I have tried to reset them but it doesn't work. For example, I would set a rule but it would then disappear or change the question to which it is associated. In some occasion it would give me the answer of a completely different question when I select the if.

Has anyone encountered this type of problems and is there a solution to it other than remove all the rules from the survey?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
17 Replies
cogruppo
New Contributor

Hi

We didn't manage to solve the problem on our own, so we asked to the costumer care of our country. Unfortunetely, their efforts in solving the issue didn't work. We ended up with shifting the survey on another software.

JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi,

This issue has been logged as BUG-000139232 and will be fixed in the next 3.13 release in September. It can be tracked on the Esri Support website.

Thanks,

Jody

JenMcRuer
Occasional Contributor

HI @JodyZhengLiu 

Thank you. Rather frustrating to have to wait, but I guess that's the only way. 

My next question, is my survey was just working fine an hour again.  I tried to add simple they would not work. I then removed those rules and now when I open the survey, I get

0 Kudos
Brownschuh
Occasional Contributor II

Are you sure this has been fixed with 3.13?  I'm currently running that version and am running into the OP and others have run into; I set some rules and as soon as I preview or publish, they disappear.  Note I am using the web version and have not tested out connect yet.

wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Same issue here. It's like Whack-a-mole trying to fix the broken logic. I spent a lot of time getting this survey together too. Google Forms it is.

0 Kudos
DanKaisershot1
New Contributor

Still a problem and this post started about a year ago. I'm using the web editor 3.13 in Chrome and rules are not sticking in my survey. A couple of rules work, most do not. I've tried some of the suggestions like ungrouping questions. No go. When previewing, the faulty rules don't work and after publishing, they disappear altogether when going back to design mode. I have not tried to build it in Connect as that's another level of expertise that would have taken longer to create the survey. 

Technical Support for BUG-000139232

https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzOTIzMg==

Alternate Solution: Duplicate the corrupted question and re-add the rules.

Yeah, that didn't work. I've tried a Save As, it's been worked on by multiple users/groups and it's now being rebuilt from scratch for further testing. Esri, is fixing this problem off the table? 

PresidiumNetwork
New Contributor

This issue continues. I set rules, the rules point to the correct places within the survey 

PresidiumNetwork_1-1649882481441.png

and then they simply do not properly skip to the page or question they're set for. Some do, some don't. Creating simple surveys with just three or four pages seems to work without problems but I have dozens of pages and skipping around is absolutely necessary.

I'm using all of the most up-to-date versions of the mobile and desktop software (the faulty skipping is seen both within the Android field app and Conncet). I've tried the techniques mentioned within this and other discussions and the problem persists.

Is this issue still being worked on? Are other users still experiencing this?

Thank you.

AndyWells
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having these exact problems using Survey123 Web Designer. No rhyme or reason to what rules will work and what won't.

0 Kudos