Survey 123 offline basemaps - Possible to have a pop-up?

03-16-2020 03:22 PM
JesseHamlin1
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I've published a tile-package for offline use in Survey123 (creating tile package in desktop, uploading to ArcGIS Online, and then adding a map link in S123 connect) and then am viewing it through a geopoint data type created in Survey123 Connect.   I can see my tile package (polygons) in the Survey123 app, which is great, however I would also llike my users to be able to click on polygons to get a pop-up.  Is it possible to select the features in my tile package and have a pop-up display? 

Jesse

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Tile packages (TPKs) are just cached images of the data.  If you dig into a TPK it is just a zip file of images at all different scales.  There is no data with it, just images.  See the help for more About tile packages—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

If you want actual data, and thus popups, they need to be features as part of a feature or map service.  One way to do it would be to have a feature service of the polygons with a popup in Collector.  Then they could tap for a popup and launch the 123 form from there - passing over any data if you like.

There are also Linked content maps in 123 that use map packages that may work.  I tried just a linked content map and there were no popups.

Hope that helps.

JesseHamlin1
New Contributor II

Thanks Doug. 

Would be great if Esri could build this (offline feature service support or offline web map support) into S123 so its all in one app. 

Offline basemaps are great and we use them quite a bit around the world in many of our programmes (we use tilemill to create .mbtiles files which include a pop-up, which our current mobile data collection app Fulcrum supports), and support for pop-ups would be fantastic!  We operate in very remote countries and locations where there is no mobile data service available.  

TileMill | TileMill 

Jesse

0 Kudos