Survey 123 not passing through hidden fields via web browser

Jump to solution
11-27-2019 11:56 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

We have had Survey 123 integrated with Collector for the last 3 years. The links have always been configured to the Survey 123 app to pass through fields and pre-populate the survey. Recently we ran into issues on our devices so we need to switch the links to open the surveys in a web browser. It all seemed to be working fine until we realized that the hidden fields weren't getting passed through. 

We have two 'hidden' fields that are passed from Collector to Survey 123 - these are an address identifier and feature class name. These are essential because after the survey is completed, the feature class is updated with the information from the survey. This drives symbology on the maps. 

Because the feature class name is null, there is no way for our systems to know which layer to update with the survey data. 

Here is an example of the link that directs to the Survey 123 App (currently working and passing through all data):

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=1234567&field:ID={ID}&field:FULL_ADDRESS={FULL_ADDRESS}&field:FC_Name={FeatureClassName}

Here is an example of the link that directs to the Web Browser (preferred option but isn't passing through all the data):

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/1234567?field:ID={ID}&field:FULL_ADDRESS={FULL_ADDRESS}&field:FC_Name={FeatureClassName}

The Survey 123 data is linked to a table in SQL server, and there are SQL scripts that run every 10 seconds to update any records from the Survey 123 SQL table into the correct Feature Class. The two fields aren't getting passed through to the SQL tables or on the web version of Survey 123. The survey was created in 2017 using Survey123 Connect but I'm not sure which version it was originally created in.

Do we need to recreate our surveys in a different version in order for this to work? We would like to use the web browser version of Survey 123 if possible. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenUsmar2
New Contributor II

I recreated the Survey using Survey123 Connect under the newest version. It was originally built about 3 years ago, so I downloaded Survey123 Connect v3.6.137 and published a new survey. The web browser links for the new survey are passing through all the data. 

Not sure if there was an easier way to do this but it worked!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Karen,

By 'hidden', are you using questions of type 'hidden' or are you using relevant statements?  If you are using a relevant statement, data in a question that is not relevant is not submitted with the survey.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James, 

I'm using questions of type 'hidden' (at least that's what it looks like on Survey 123 Connect)

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Karen,

And to check, there is not a relevant condition on the questions, even though they are hidden?  It sounds like you've constructed the URL correctly.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James, 

Correct, no 'relevant' condition is set for either of them.

0 Kudos
StephenUsmar2
New Contributor II

I recreated the Survey using Survey123 Connect under the newest version. It was originally built about 3 years ago, so I downloaded Survey123 Connect v3.6.137 and published a new survey. The web browser links for the new survey are passing through all the data. 

Not sure if there was an easier way to do this but it worked!