Survey 123: Need to add the label to the feature report instead of name pulling data off of an external table

02-04-2020 11:27 AM
DavidJones19
New Contributor

I have an external_choices tab in the excel file that has some very large lists. The problem is when I run the feature report it prints the name not the label. 

${SiteID} results in "04532485" which is the name column.

I want the label to show instead: "Campground Name"

I have tried ${SiteID | getValue:""} and ${SiteID | getValue:"label"} the first gives the same result and the second gives and error. 

Do I need another way to reference the external_choices sheet?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David

While the ${question_name} placeholder (question name only, without an expression) for a select_one question will return the label of the selected choice, the opposite applies to external choices. This is because of the way choice labels and values are retrieved/stored for external choice lists.

A solution is to store the label for the external choice in a hidden question using the jr:choice-name() function and then reference this question in the feature report template. This function is described here: Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Hope this helps

Best,

Jim

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi @DavidJones19 ,

Print external_choices label will be supported in the coming update of Surve123 in December. Would you please have a try then?

Thanks,

Jody Zheng Liu

0 Kudos