Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey 123 Limited to six entries for calculation

Friday
JJZielinski
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am currently trying to have survey123 auto compile structure totals for our projects during the year. I have 10 different structure types that I would like to have their totals housed in one location. I did this by adding another "number" column and then using the calculation function to add them all together. The issue occurs that only 6 of structure types show up no matter which ones are selected. I thought maybe 6 was the limit so I added another "number" function to add the other structures to and figured I could add my two totals together for one final total and it still gave me the same issue. Is there a limit on what can be calculated? Any insight would be helpful!

4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you able to provide your XLSX? It's hard to know what is going on otherwise.

And no, there is no hard limit in S123.

JJZielinski
New Contributor

Well, I am using the online webapp to make the survey, so im not sure about the spreadsheet. I'll attach the screenshots from before and after hitting okay. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Ah. Sorry, I won't be much help then. Honestly, I avoid the web app like the plague.

If you are looking to do anything more than a super basic form that will only be used on the web, I'd switch to Connect... Though personally I'd use Connect for even the most basic web-based surveys.

0 Kudos
ToddW_stl
Esri Contributor

Hi @JJZielinski - I don't know if I fully understand, but in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3, I was able to:

1. create a new survey in the web designer
  2. add 10 number fields - set the default value to zero if you want the total to calculate as numbers are entered
  3. add 1 total field at the end, which was a sum of all 10 fields above it
  4. save and preview/test

was this survey created initially in the web designer?  do you know what version of ArcGIS Enterprise you have?  I have no idea if this is causing issues, but can you try after renaming the questions to not start with a "#" (maybe use "No. or "Number" instead).

ToddW_stl_0-1722352977449.png 

ToddW_stl_1-1722352992636.png

0 Kudos