Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey 123 feature report - filter map using global id

Jump to solution
08-27-2020 04:40 AM
RABConsultants
New Contributor III

I have a survey which surveyors use to complete property flood measure surveys. One part of the survey is a repeat that includes a geopoint question where the surveyor marks the location of each measure to be applied to the property. Usually each property will have 10+ measures. This all works as intended. 

I am having trouble creating a map within the feature report that shows each properties measures but not the measures of the nearby properties. I have added in the feature layer and saved it as a webmap and called that within the feature report. Is there a way to filter the webmap within the feature report to only include the measures that relate to that survey? Perhaps some filter using the global ID can make this possible?

18 Replies
RABConsultants
New Contributor III

Any update on this??

DietrichEppSchmidt
New Contributor

Any update on this? can this be done in the S123 field app yet?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you ever get this to go.  I am also trying a query but I get a error.

Sharouff
New Contributor II

I am also looking for this functionality of multiple repeat geopoints in a 2nd feature report map map filtered by a parent general location point, if anyone has a solution?

j-bromp
New Contributor III

Is there an update on this? tried to access the doc linked by @ZhifangWang but it said unavailable.

I am looking to produce a report containing a map which displays multiple geopoints (contained in a repeat) however each reported map must only display the points captured in that submission.

SusanPollard
New Contributor III

Same as above I too need an update on this syntax using a 'where' clause where the repeat name is SiteData and the parent is myforms or should it be mainLayer ?  The normal text below currently zooms to all the geopoints inside the repeat of a selected parent record but it also draws other unwanted survey geopoints that I want to filter out of the map. AuditSiteLocation is the geopoint question inside the repeat. 

${SiteData.AuditSiteLocation|where: SiteData.ParentGlobalID = SelectedParentRecord's???.GlobalID |mapSettings:"itemID"|size:600:800|drawingInfo:"currentLayer"}

0 Kudos
Melissa
New Contributor II

Same as the above. I need to show a summary map with all shapes in a repeat, ideally with the parent poly boundary + child points, lines and polys. Thank you @SusanPollard -- your posting above got me the closest to reaching that so far!

0 Kudos
MichaelHeilen
New Contributor

I have a similar need as @SusanPollard and have attempted to use the 'where' clause without success to filter a map so that it only shows the feature recorded for the main layer for that particular survey response. In my case, each survey response corresponds to an individual project area that is recorded in the survey as a geoshape in the main layer. I want to show in a map in the report for that survey response only the project area recorded for the survey response and not project areas recorded by other survey responses. For this survey, many project areas overlap in space. Showing them all in a map is confusing and unhelpful and basically renders this essential but straightforward map useless.

The survey also contains a series of repeats for recording the location of different activities occurring within the project area. Sometimes, these activities can also overlap. I would like to generate additional maps in the report where each map shows the location of an individual activity recorded in a repeat, but not all the other activities recorded for that repeat.  

It seems like filtering a map in a survey 123 report in this manner should be doable. Is this possible to do using a 'where' clause (or something else) and if so, what is the appropriate syntax?

SarahPistone
New Contributor

Put me down for this as well. Our needs are pretty simple; I'm just getting started and have a whole lot to learn so it's hard to tell if a feature is not available or if I just don't know how to do it.

We have a survey recording geopoints with photos using repeats and multiline photos, so there are multiple geopoints recorded for each survey submission. I am trying to generate a report with a summary map with all the geopoints at the top of the report, and the photos listed after. I only need the points from the single survey submission, but seems like I get all the points in all the survey records. How can I limit the points to only the one submission?

${photo_location | where:"1=1 !important" | orderByFields:"objectid DESC" | resultRecordCount:12 | drawingInfo:"currentLayer"}

This is what I've been using, it's just the example in the quick reference. Like I said, I'm only just starting to work with S123.

0 Kudos