Survey 123 data not showing up in our feature service

04-23-2018 12:09 PM
DavidBrian
New Contributor II

My students spent the day out today collecting data in the field using survey123.  Once we were back in a wifi environment, they uploaded.  Not one set of data is showing up on our Feature service.  We did test last week around the school to ensure it worked, which it did.  any help out there?

Thank you

David Brian

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,

Can you please try to Sign Out of the Survey123 website and re Sign In?

After doing so, and then selecting the 'Data' tab for the desired survey, are the results present?

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
DavidBrian
New Contributor II

Brandon - no change in the data records showing.  I checked with my students who collected the data, all are using the 2.7.98 .All of their devices show that data was sent.

Really need to resolve this problem ...a lot hanging on this project

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for sharing your results, David.

It would be great to get further details related to the environmental variables that you are working with, and details related to the user role of those user's whose data is not reflected in the dataset after submitting.

What are the user roles of those user's whose data does not appear?  Is everyone who attempts to submit to the survey encountering the same behavior?

Are there attachments included with the sent surveys?

Within the field app, on the device, are the sent surveys reflected in the 'Sent' folder?

Did you share the survey with your students using the 'Collaborate' options within the Survey123 website, or via ArcGIS Online at the feature service level?

Please let me know the answers to these questions when you have a chance.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
DavidBrian
New Contributor II

Brandon - my answers below to your questions:

What are the user roles of those user's whose data does not appear? 

• originally, the students were all Publisher - I changed it to Administrator as a work around - no effect

Is everyone who attempts to submit to the survey encountering the same behavior?

• most had the same outcome - it showed "sent", yet none of the data showed up in AGOL 

Are there attachments included with the sent surveys?

• there is a picture attachment

Within the field app, on the device, are the sent surveys reflected in the 'Sent' folder?

• yes

Did you share the survey with your students using the 'Collaborate' options within the Survey123 website, or via ArcGIS Online at the feature service level?

• students downloaded the survey from within survey123 on their device
ShelbySouthworth1
New Contributor III

David, I don't know how you are viewing your AGOL data, but we had ours set up in a Web Map with a filter by default. When I remove this filter, the records appeared (because we had set it up to hide all those locations where surveys were "complete"). At first I thought updates were not being sent too, but behind the scenes my App has started generating new points for surveys taken at specific points I had set up in a Collector map.

I finally finished setting up a survey last week that was working in a similar fashion: I pull data into Survey123 from AGOL, a user in the field completes the survey questions, and then upon sending the survey back, the AGOL feature service would update and hold all of the data that the user submitted (in addition to driving the symbology within an AGOL/ Collector map).

0 Kudos
SusmitaRishi
New Contributor

Hi David, did you solve this problem. I am having a similar problem. I ran a pilot survey last week and everything was ok and now that my students have collected actual data, only the geolocated data points are showing up and the collected data is not. 

0 Kudos