Survey 123 crashes when launching camera, Windows 10

04-14-2018 07:43 PM
NickGrewe
New Contributor

Hello,

I am using a Mesa 2 tablet and a Survey 123 form created by a client. When I try to launch the camera within Survey 123, the app crashes. I've tried reinstalling the app, but the issue is still present. The Mesa 2 has Windows 10 (not the mobile version), is up to date on all Windows Updates, and is running Survey 123 v2.7.98. Camera privacy settings have also been set to allow all apps to access the device's camera. I installed the app on my iPhone 7 and was able to successfully launch the camera within the same Survey 123 form. Additionally, I am able to launch the camera within the same Survey 123 form on my HP laptop running Windows 10.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nick,

We have an open issue related to the behavior involving the camera with the Juniper Mesa 2, and a bug has been logged with Esri Technical Support, BUG-000095206.

Please feel free to contact technical support in order to be added to this bug, and we will try to update this thread with any movement related to the issue.

Thank you,

Brandon

CalvinHeinly
New Contributor

has this issue been resolved yet . I am having the same problem today

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Calvin,

This issue is still being investigated.  Please contact Esri Technical Support so that they can create a case for you which will be attached to the existing bug.  This will ensure you get notification when the issue has been addressed.  

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Is there any feedback on this issue?

0 Kudos
Geobunga
New Contributor III

I am also wondering, is there any movement on this issue? 

0 Kudos
CalvinHeinly
New Contributor

No response from survey 123 on this matter

Calvin Heinly

RPLS- Survey

Upstream/Midstream

Direct: 1 (832) 809-5047

Mobile:1 (303) 886-8698

Fax: 1 (617) 687-6134

Email: calvin.heinly@woodplc.com

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Calvin, David Miceli‌,

As noted above, there is a BUG (BUG-000095206) filed on this issue and the Survey123 team has been working to resolve it.  This happens to be particular to a small number of Windows devices, the Mesa 2 being the most relevant from a GIS standpoint and thus more difficult to identify the cause of the issue.  As Brandon noted, the most reliable way of being notified when this is addressed will be to have your customer number attached to the BUG by logging a case with Esri Support; when a fix is ready for customer testing, we will be reaching out to the customers affected.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nick, Calvin, David, Deon,

Just letting you know have made significant improvements to the 3.11 release with the camera on Windows which fixes the known issue with the Juniper Mesa 2 and camera crashes. It also fixes issues found with the Mesa 3 and Windows tablets in general where the image orientations was incorrect. Can you please test out latest 3.11 RC2 builds available on Early Adopter Community and let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Phil.