Survey 123 Connect Web Form Two Geopoints Simultaneously Zoom

01-07-2021 09:29 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm using a null value to have two geopoints on the web version of the survey. When you choose your address in the first geopoint, is there a way to have both maps simultaneously zoom? It would be helpful. Because in my case the end-user will be locating where a public nuisance has taken place, and this is generally near where he/she lives. If the second map zooms to the location used as their address it will save effort. You have to assume the end-user can't navigate maps well.

xls.png

form.png

5 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Jared,

I got this to work by setting the "calculation" field of my second geopoint question to reference the field name of the first. When I place a point in the first geopoint question, a point is placed in the second one as well.

GeoJosh_0-1610049833056.png

GeoJosh_1-1610049853621.png

Josh

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Josh,

Thanks, that put the point on the second map! But, I start at a county scale and the second map stays at the county scale after the point is added. I'm wondering if there's a way to have it zoom to the point as it does when you search an address?

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Wait, now I'm getting inconsistencies? It wasn't zooming on the second map... then it did all of a sudden. Now it's not zooming again. Also my geopoint is not pulling the data to the second text field all of a sudden, but if you submit the survey it did in fact record the location?

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Josh,

Like you pointed out, if I have the name of the first geopoint in the calculation of the second, a point is placed in the map. However, it doesn't zoom in. Also, since I'm doing a reverse geocode the address of the first geopoint is put in the text box of the second.

This:
xls2.png

gets me this:
map1.png

When I remove the name of the geopoint from the calculation field, I no longer get the simultaneous point in the second map. But, I do have the reverse geocode working properly.

This:
xls3.png

gets me this:map2.png

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Any suggestion to my latest post?

0 Kudos